• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SOB Hill 1Jul12

DutchVDub

NAXJA Forum User
Had a good day, the Krawlers worked great and once we found the damn hill it was a fun one.

Found an old cabin, not the one we were supposed to find though
8deca510.jpg

b3916488.jpg

3 Rigs in all for this group
58a4bfef.jpg

I was the lead vehicle and got kind of ahead of the group, so its all poser shots for me
904da80b.jpg

b685a28e.jpg

Matt coming up the last rock
66b2aa48.jpg

JK Rubicon didn't like the trail
27a0d1e5.jpg

5855e3b9.jpg

66d81e3e.jpg

JK's are also apparently very heavy
40dbf650.jpg

2807b2cc.jpg

And my final poser shot
3e116ffa.jpg

Hi Dutch - these are some great pics of the hill! I was up there this weekend as well - camping up on Middle Fork. I actually had to back up for you and your group at the first creek crossing on Middle Fork, past the Good Times camp.
We were actually on our way up North Fork to the top to see Wise Mtn Inn and then back down Middle to camp. This was my first run ever and there were a few spots where I thought we were screwed especially on the top trying to climb the rocks - got stuck there four times but managed to get through without any help. :eek: Not sure I'd go back at this point. Traildamage.com said this was a three out of ten' I'm not sure I believe that lol.
You photos give me a good idea that my 3" lifted XJ is not able to hit SOB! :wow:
Nice to kinda meet ya! :wave:

What vehicle were you in? Was it the red XJ classic?

That trail was pretty mild minus #10 hill itself. I got hung up in one spot on the actual hill by my rear driverside shock mount. I suddenly stopped progressing so I got to see what was stopping me. I swear it was the last 1/16" of the very corner of the shock mount. I was like, "WTF??" and just backed up an inch or so and goosed it. Otherwise I'd say that trail wasn't much of a challenge.

Yup, I was in the red XJ. :) I definitely need more armor before I run what you can. I've got a front and rear skid, just need to put them on.

Time2getdirty is fabbing up a front bumper for me. I should be getting it on next week sometime. I'll be putting on a rear and some skids too when I get the extra funds. Hopefully he'll be willing to do those too.

What size lift and tires are you running? I'm on 3" and 31's and there were a few spots on North Fork where I was like "this is effing nuts!". I think I would have turned around if I could have, but I'm glad I didn't - I learned a lot about what my XJ can do on that trip.

Ben i am willing to make whatever for you lol. I also would love to take you and show you what your jeep can actually do!

Sounds good to me. I've even got a trailer that I would like to have a slight mod made to - I would think it wouldn't take you more than 5-10 min to do it either.
Oh and btw, who is Ben? My name is Tom. :roflmao:
And I'm ready to go up anytime. When I was going over those rocks, I kept thinking about how you told me that even at 3", you should still have sliders. I thought for sure I was going to crimp my frame coming off some of those rocks.

I'm at 4.5" of lift and 35's. Pretty similar to David's setup except I haven't pushed my axle front axle forward yet.

Back