• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wildlife picture thread

OverlandZJ

NAXJA Member # 101
Lets see the pics you have collected of wildlife in their natural surroundings. Include as much info as possible. No captive shots please, only free roaming.

Pronghorn along Sweetwater Rd outside Dillon, Montana, Sept 07. Ran in front of the Jeep for close to a mile till he took the next exit.

Montana07-3006.jpg

Nice Scott! Thats why i sleep on top of my rig. :laugh2:

Bison in Custer NP Black Hills, SD during the annual roundup. Oct 05.

Hpim1189.jpg

Nice shots Travis. Can i camp in your back yard? ;) Wish i had made it to Glacier last time in MT. I have a few shots of Sheep as well.

Heres a decent Bull Moose from outside Millinocket, Maine.

IMG_8847.jpg

Better pic of the falcon eating.
DSC_0098.jpg

So does photobucket or our site resize automatically because I was worried these would be huge but they are small which is good haha.

canoe camping last year in Algonquin Park.

this was after the two of them wandered through our camp site
n507916911_835936_7483.jpg

this was while they were in our site
n507916911_835928_5164.jpg

n507916911_835970_6512.jpg

fierce looking chipmunk
n507916911_835940_8646.jpg

the wild Canadian toy poodle
n507916911_835945_86.jpg

good ole blue heron
n507916911_835946_373.jpg

I have that same D60 combination, but haven't been able to get anything that good yet. Those look pretty sharp considering the lens and then being resized too.

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack
zjeepx,
Have you changed any of the settings on your d60? The images I've been getting from mine just seem really soft, especially along the edges of objects. Yours look sharper to me for some reason. I borrowed a canon from a friend and it seemed sharper too, but I thought that might be because he dropped some serious coin on good lenses. I wonder if the auto focus might not be working properly. I'll have to try some in manual and see if they improve.

Heres a pic of some US marked horses in a NF in Montana. The horses arent penned in, the fence keeps them and other free roam cattle from scratching againt the cabin i was at. Imagine a big cow/bull scratching against a porch support beam...

Montana07-2025.jpg

Back