• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oba article

scottsxj

NAXJA Forum User
i recently read in one of the numerous magazines i get, about installing an oba compressor under the hood of a tj(i think thats what it was). I know it either petersens, 4wd and sport utility, or the other really popular one (cant think of it) Can some one please help me out. Thanks

scott

scottsxj said:
i recently read in one of the numerous magazines i get, about installing an oba compressor under the hood of a tj(i think thats what it was). I know it either petersens, 4wd and sport utility, or the other really popular one (cant think of it) Can some one please help me out.

I haven't seen the areticle in question. But, regardless, a couple of dumb questions:

- Was the compressor electric or belt-driven?

- TJs have more usable space (in some ways) under their hoods than XJs. How did this particular compressor mount in the TJ?

Just trying to figure out what's being accomplished, and how it may slot in in the context of an XJ.

There are two threads going right now on this exact subject along with searchable articles, and on-line references, should there be yet another OBA thread?

well it just seemed like some good info at the time on them, pretty simple too. I just want to be able to air up tires and run impacts every now and again, i dont need it to run lockers or anything. In the article it was electric and they had it mounted on the fire wall. NOw it might not have been a tj it could have been a yj or cj as well.

Back