• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

..NP 231 transfer case studs,..

BILLXJ

NAXJA Forum User
..anyone know the size bolt and type of thread on the NP 231 tranfer case studs that go into the back of the transmission. I am wondering if these transfer case studs are all the same size and thread type/pitch for NP 231 , NP 241, NP242. Could it be possible that I have some metric sizes on this transfer case ? Have bent one/some of the studs in removeing the case and am thinking that I can use other pieces and parts from different cases . Also please feel to reccomend a good transfer case rebuild parts source.-TIA

3/8"NC on the case itself,3/8"NF on the nut side!

,..thanks RCP Phx ,MuddyXJ and everybody. Again, NAXJA comes though in a quick and timely way with answers and solutions for all XJ things big and small. In this particulat case,someone inadvertenly,perhaps deliberately used a different stud and the screw/thread type was really confuseing.Now armed with new information,I'm going to replace bolts,nuts,studs in the course of rebuilding this transfer case.Anyone have any good parts sources for transfer case components that they would like to share.-TIA
BILLXJ

Back