• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Beadlocks which ones???

Los11

NAXJA Forum User
Whats up guys, I did a search but didnt find what I was looking for. I was wondering what you guys think is the best priced and still a good quality beadlock. I was thinking of getting them but dont want to go over $200 bucks a piece for them you know.. So many companies just want to know what you guys think are the best bang for the buck thanks....

When I do mine, which will be awhile, I plan on doing a DIY so they are a lot cheaper. As long as your a good welder, I would think that this would be the way to go. I dont have any names, but you can seach for venders here, or on pirate and you could find a lot.

Mine are Champion, and they were the best deal around when I bought them. Really, the only thing you can do is call around and get prices. The big difference is whether you want alloy or steel, they all seem to be good quality. I've never heard anyone complain about poor quality beadlocks, but that doesn't mean some aren't better than others. The biggest difference is in the number and size of the bolts......more and bigger is better.

i personally like the allied beadlocks. i've seen them wedged into a rock spinning with sparks spraying everywhere and the bolt heads+rim were still good to go without any damage.

is steal or alloy better for a beadlock?

I have Trailready beadlocks (12x16.5) for 9 months now and not once had to add pressure to one single wheel. Just one word - great :loveu:

Last edited:
This is not true, good beadlocks balance real easily. :D

Goatman I was looking for Steel beadlocks, I just want something that is good and still normal price I am not into the Bling Bling stuff.. You know. DIY I had rockstompers a while back when I was building a YJ for Comp they were horrible, they were a pita to get right and I can never fully hold air.... Dont get me wrong rockstomper has great stuff, Scott is awesome i just ordered my amsteel the other day........ But had a bad experience with the diy rockstompers, So I just want a good beadlock that wont give me trouble... Trailready are bling bling I luv them but they are outta my price range, the soon to be wife is mad I just ordered 35's...... So I need to chill out a little.. But after a 12 pack my credit card goes crazy and who know what I will do thats how I ended up gettin the 35's....

http://usa6x6forums.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=1010&st=0

I have a set of hummer beadlocks from usa6x6 with 5 on 5.5" lug pattern and I have had no trouble with them.

The civilian style wheels (link above) is suppose to be a good wheel. It is a double beedlock and is in your price range 200.00 to 250.00 (inc. shipping)depending on rim size/width.

They also offer just about any size/width lug pattern combo.

If you end up with a set let us know how they do.

i had a set of cheap ones on my old 31's and i kept on breakin the nuts on the back and the bolts.

anyone know how good the eaton beadlocks work. let me know

Not in your price range, but they sure are purdy............ :dunce:

1097857152_beadlocks_wheels.jpg

I don't really knwo which beadlock/rim combo's are better. I would think the steel ones would be the best since welding on any kind of aluminum seems to create a brittle area where as steel doesn't seem to have as much of a problem. Recently I've run acrossed some pics of aluminum wheels that had chunks of the rims and beadlock brake off. Walkers are strong and bling bling, but are cast and pretty heavy.

I was going to put Beadlocks on my M/T's but when I saw the pics of the rms breaking apart I'm not so sure now.

I've been contimplating DIY locks too. The local tire shop said they could glue my beads to the wheel and airing down shouldn't be an issue. Last year at Moab I aired down to 6# with nothing and had no problems. Also, what about the old drag racer trick, running sheetmetal screws through the wheel and bead?

thigh19 said:
I've been contimplating DIY locks too. The local tire shop said they could glue my beads to the wheel and airing down shouldn't be an issue. Last year at Moab I aired down to 6# with nothing and had no problems. Also, what about the old drag racer trick, running sheetmetal screws through the wheel and bead?
the glue will help a little, if you're interested in the screw idea, I would look into doing it like this: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=340906

Back