• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interested in leading a run?

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
PM me! Run leaders get free dinner on Saturday for their work. There will be more traffic than usual on the mountain so I suggest any runs on popular trails (Gold Mountain, John Bull, Holcomb Creek, especially) depart at 8AM.

I'm interested in sponsoring a run. You probably don't want me leading one though. I'll get us all lost.

I can send you out with half a dozen (of the same) maps. If you've got a GPS or phone app we can put our heads together in camp and load up with waypoints, too.

You stiinkbugging it or is the MJ ready for duty?

Lab Rat will be making it's dirt debut. It's officially 4 wheel drive as of a few days ago. This could be a shit show LOL!

I can send you out with half a dozen (of the same) maps. If you've got a GPS or phone app we can put our heads together in camp and load up with waypoints, too.

You stiinkbugging it or is the MJ ready for duty?

I have an extra GPS with maps loaded too if someone wants to borrow it.

I need an easy->easy/moderate run. Like Jacoby Canyon, then down Gold Mt. Or Pontiac Sluice. So if nobody is going to lead one of those, then it'll be me.

I will be leading my traditional Saturday stocker run through Holcomb Valley and coming out via Jacoby. I would advise anybody wanting to do Gold Mountain to do it early as there will be a lot of traffic on the big name trails.

I will be leading my traditional Saturday stocker run through Holcomb Valley and coming out via Jacoby. I would advise anybody wanting to do Gold Mountain to do it early as there will be a lot of traffic on the big name trails.

Traditional stocker run? Does that mean just the 3N16 fire road? :D

Traditional stocker run? Does that mean just the 3N16 fire road? :D

It starts with the fire road where I go over some history of the Holcomb Valley over the radio to make it a bit more interesting. We typically visit the usual spots along the way, eat lunch, then depart via Jacoby Canyon as true noobs are usually a bit more comfortable with the concept at that point. Once we hit the highway we either head back to camp or continue across 3N03 to get a bit more dirt before going back.

I may be interested in leading a difficult run, 8am departure. Probably Holcomb creek....but it is listed as washed out and closed? Does anyone know if this is the same "closure" as last year....when I could have made it passed the washout in my dodge?

I'm a noob, so I may join you on the stocker run. Luckily I don't have a CB in the new Jeep, so I won't have to listen to your narrative. :p

I have a handheld Yaesu.

I'll probably be going with Mike with the MJ. If it weren't for the one butt dragging spot on Gold Mountain I'd lead that.

Last edited:
Lead? No. Follow? Sure. Get out of the way? Never.

I need to "gently" break in the D60s, 35s and hydro assist.

David Bricker / SYR - BUR

Anybody else or do I start voluntolding people. :D

The Jeep Jamboree folks are leaving the Elks Lodge at 9am. Get your group out of the Disco before 9 and you should be able to stay ahead of them no problem. For the Holcomb Valley trails I'd suggest leaving the disco already aired down and disconnected. For Deep Creek do whatever John says. He gets grouchy when his students don't listen.

And have fun!

I'm interested in sponsoring a "moderate" level run. Newbies on 33s, or more experienced guys on smaller tires. I don't know the area terribly well, but I should have Cal with me and will volluntell him. Also got the prerunning GPS installed, so should be able to at least un-lost ourselves.

Back