• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Friday Dirt - Adopt-A-Trail!

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
Come join us for Adopt-A-Trail work on Friday and earn a free dinner ticket for Saturday night's dinner!

We'll have two adopted trails ran on Friday. Bent will be leading a run up Cleghorn. Meeting point will be at the trail head at Interstate 15 at 9am Friday. Arrive with a full tank of fuel. You will be doing maintenance work on the trail then making your way to camp through the mountain (no returning to the trail head).

Alternatively you can join me on 2N04. The meeting point for this will be the Big Bear Discovery Center at 10am to give you some time to get up there. We'll work on 2N04 then, depending on how much time is left, meander our way back to camp by whatever route fits our fancy.

I'll post up more details about the meeting points soon. Please remember to bring drinking water, wear closed toed shoes, and hats and long sleeves are highly recommended.

Be aware of rattlesnakes. Because of the rain earlier this year the rattlesnakes are out in force this spring. Be careful around brush and rocks. Do not reach behind/under rocks without checking them out first. Watch your children, pets, and imaginary friends.

I'll be running Cleghorn with Tim. I am not sure if Ronan will be with me again. The Jeep might be packed full of camping gear, just depends on if Shannon will be meeting me at the campsite on Friday, or coming up on Saturday.

Is anyone going up Thursday evening? I will be there for Friday, but driving at oh dark-thirty is not my idea of a good time. Especially not with your crazy California drivers.

David Bricker / SYR

Is anyone going up Thursday evening? I will be there for Friday, but driving at oh dark-thirty is not my idea of a good time. Especially not with your crazy California drivers.

David Bricker / SYR

I plan to drive up there Thursday night. It's looking like I won't have the kids so I probably won't leave until about 9PM. Provided that plan holds my intention is to to either grab a yellow post or dry camp.

I was originally think I'd do Cleghorn; I haven't set tire on that trail in a few years.

But with a Jeep full of Saturday Dinner food... maybe not... The Wolfe pack is going up Thursday night, so I may drop coolers at their campsite early Friday and then run 2N04...

Since I'm not going home until sometime Monday, maybe I'll see if someone wants to go with me and go home via Cleghorn...

Megan and I are planning on coming up Thursday night also. I hope to be leaving right after work around 330-4ish. I'll have the trailer in tow so we will be doing 2N04 on friday. We probably will dry camp near the 2N04/2N01 intersection.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Looks like I'll come up early Friday AM, and likely do 2N04, as I will have a trailer in tow.

David Bricker / SYR - BUR

The Varmints and I are planning on it. Assuming it is not on fire.

What time and perzactly where?

2N47 Adopt-A-Trail

The Varmints and I are planning on it. Assuming it is not on fire.

What time and perzactly where?

9:00 AM
The meeting location is at the trailhead right off the I-15 freeway. Exit 129 / Cleghorn road. The trail is on the East side of the freeway.

The trail should be open at the Cleghorn Road meeting location. If not we will travel as a group and catch the trail part way in via 3N22 off of Hwy 138.

Last edited:
I can go to either one; leaving from Playa Del Rey Friday mid morning (7-9am). Unless I move my ass earlier, but ehhhhhhh, got a date Thursday night :shhh:. I can try driving into Cleghorn behind that group and catch up, or I can unload at Serrano and join 2N04. Where is help needed? Just assign me somewhere, tell me your trail plan, and I'll find you. I have a handheld HAM (unlicensed), no CB.

Real name is Tyler, btw.

...Unless I move my ass earlier, but ehhhhhhh, got a date Thursday night :shhh:

Just don't inflate her completely and you can be home by 10:00.

I can go to either one; leaving from Playa Del Rey Friday mid morning (7-9am). Unless I move my ass earlier, but ehhhhhhh, got a date Thursday night :shhh:. I can try driving into Cleghorn behind that group and catch up, or I can unload at Serrano and join 2N04. Where is help needed? Just assign me somewhere, tell me your trail plan, and I'll find you. I have a handheld HAM (unlicensed), no CB.

Real name is Tyler, btw.

I'd say Cleghorn could use the help more if you can make it up there in time.

Re: 2N47 Adopt-A-Trail

9:00 AM
The meeting location is at the trailhead right off the I-15 freeway. Exit 129 / Cleghorn road. The trail is on the East side of the freeway.

The trail should be open at the Cleghorn Road meeting location. If not we will travel as a group and catch the trail part way in via 3N22 off of Hwy 138.

Google says ~1.5hr drive; so I should be able to make the 9am meet up. (310)-849-0781

Biga$$, yellow, 04 wrangler LJ with Jurassic Park stickers. Hard to miss, but easy on the eye.

Back