• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WF discussion moved from For Sale Forum

This year is the 10th official anniversary, I am correct guys? I'll be making my second appearance.

LOL, I would love to go but that would require some funding lol. by not being done, I mean for 1) the flintsone ability, when you have no floorpans and could run like the flinstones lol. 2) rockers half rusted out, 3) suspension mostly shot 4) exhaust shot and 5) brakes not the greatest lol.

Sounds like what I had on my waggie. If you want a cheap budget yet still good fix check out my thread link in the sig. I had to redo my floor boards also.

Suspension well you would have to search budget boost on it. I did spend money on my suspension. ALL XJ brakes SUCK! lol until you get the disc conversion from what I hear.

Sounds like what I had on my waggie. If you want a cheap budget yet still good fix check out my thread link in the sig. I had to redo my floor boards also.

Suspension well you would have to search budget boost on it. I did spend money on my suspension. ALL XJ brakes SUCK! lol until you get the disc conversion from what I hear.

Considering I started this rig knowing absolutely nothing, I have learned a hell of a lot since then lol. A friend of mine is teaching me how to do all this stuff which is awesome and I truly do appreciate it. He has a bit of a junkyard that we will be getting some of the stuff from, plus I have lists out to a lot of places and people with parts I need so... No real budget boost on this rig, bought front springs and LCA's, doing an S10 bastard pack in the back, custom transfer case drop brackets, custom relocation brackets for the brake lines, so all that is left is shocks... Get to learn more in depth fabrication which is awesome so it really is far below a "budget" boost lol. Plus I end up with more lift while spending less which is awesome!

As for the brakes, upgraded the front from the stock 88 D30 to a 1998 D30 with the better u-joints and no disco. Much nicer brakes too lol. Then the back is going to be a Ford 8.8, with limited slip AND disk brakes so... Finished upgrading the front gears to 4.10's awhile ago, the back is already 4.10 with LS stock, so... Oh ya, custom shackles as well, still may not do that just have to wait till we do the lift and find out so.... The floors are going to be better thicker steel when I replace the bad spots. Then herculiner instead of carpet is going in to help with anti-rusting long term. Then of course all the other stuff so my plan is to be under $2000 TOTAL in buying everything I need, including the Jeep itself and so far I am WELL under where I was expecting to be by this point lol.

So what kind of "trails" or "obstacles" do they have at this event?]

Thanks again,

Paint

Back