• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fall Flog--November 12-13--Hale Mtn AL

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
NAXJA Member
Only 26 days left. What is the plan? Arrive Friday night, ride Saturday and Sunday, and head home Sunday night? This will be my first flog. Any night we do a potluck or anything? What's the scoop?

Let's start the list:

1. Dirk, Avery (5 years old), and Barrett (3 years old)

Here is the link to their website: http://www.halemountainohvpark.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
ill be there both nights... they have a nice shower house built. i am also in touch with the owner who would grill for us if we let her know ahead of time....possibly for lunch on sat or something.... but the pot luck worked real well at the crawl.
Only 26 days left. What is the plan? Arrive Friday night, ride Saturday and Sunday, and head home Sunday night? This will be my first flog. Any night we do a potluck or anything? What's the scoop?

Let's start the list:

2. 256offroad + 4 or 5 others.

I was hoping to roll in fri morning sometime and ride also.

2. 256offroad + 4 or 5 others
3. Matt and Tiff, + 2-3 other rigs also.

4. PacificEd and Ollie (7 years old)

I'm game for a potluck meal and the owner preparing a meal for the group.

My goal would be to wheel Sat and Sun and head home Sunday night.

4. PacificEd and Ollie (7 years old)
5. MELKORsXJ + friend possibly

I'm gonna agree with Ed here...
I'm game for a potluck meal and the owner preparing a meal for the group.
My goal would be to wheel Sat and Sun and head home Sunday night.
...and with Matt, I too would like to wheel Friday possibly, depending on when we get down there.

Damn, I hate that it's in Bama this year...I'm only 8 weeks post op, and not likely up for camping... any reasonable hotels nearby that I might be able to talk the wife into?? If not, we may ride up on Sat for the day. :D

Damn, I hate that it's in Bama this year...I'm only 8 weeks post op, and not likely up for camping... any reasonable hotels nearby that I might be able to talk the wife into?? If not, we may ride up on Sat for the day. :D

uh, or maybe Sunday, since we spend the day at the ice rink on Saturdays...

I started looking for a hotel also, just in case, since I have a 5 and 3 year old coming. The closest one that didn't have a review of "Great place for crack heads and whores" (yes, it said that on travelocity) was the Microtel in Huntsville about 12 miles from the park. It showing around $65 inclusive of tax per night for 2 queens. The hotel has an outdoor pool (which wouldn't do anyone any good in November) and continental breakfast. I think that Microtel is a Hyatt brand property.

I'll look this sat when I go out there.

what are the park fees?

From their website:

**PRICE - $10.00 per person per day. Children 10 and under free unless driving**

Hale Mountain currently offers free primitive camping with minimum 2 day gate fee as well as free parking for self contained campers with minimum 2 day gate fee.

Our free primitive campground is high atop Hale Mountain with plenty of shade trees and level ground to set up the perfect campsite.

I want to try and make it to this also. waiting on the lawyers to settle my other jeep so i can get some new tires..I need to go ridin.I need a fix.

I started looking for a hotel also, just in case, since I have a 5 and 3 year old coming. The closest one that didn't have a review of "Great place for crack heads and whores" (yes, it said that on travelocity) was the Microtel in Huntsville about 12 miles from the park. It showing around $65 inclusive of tax per night for 2 queens. The hotel has an outdoor pool (which wouldn't do anyone any good in November) and continental breakfast. I think that Microtel is a Hyatt brand property.

That sounds like a good spot for a little adventure... I'll likely be bringing my 5 and 8 yr old.... we like a little adventure on the road!:viking:

Really want to do this... Got 3 trips planned between now and then though, not sure if we can swing 4 of them. Need to get out and do some wheelin!

~ Stump

I'll let her know this weekend to add us to the calendar.

I'm as excited about all the kids coming out as I am about riding. A 3 year old, two 5 year olds, a 7 year old, and an 8 year old. They are all going to love it!

(oh, and if Sam and Doug do make it, a -8 month old!)

had a blast today wheeling there...

she said she would open up the gate friday for us.

she said the microtel off of shields road is the usual hotel everyone uses that stays in hotels.

i explored today and found some awesome new trails and creekbeds.

they allow night riding so that will be fun...

Back