• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crappy week finally looking up. (Whine that's pretty long)

Lincoln

NAXJA Member #321
NAXJA Member
I've been fighting a nasty flu since last week and the wifey finally convinced me to go to the doctor. He said if I don't stay at home and take it easy it will be off for a hospital stay. :( The crazy part is I can't miss work right now.

Six months of work and 8000 lines of code were transported into our production servers today and I have to run them the first time tomorrow morning. 400 people paychecks are riding on this and I send the checks Wednesday. Hopefully I just need to make it one more day and then I can kick back until the 30th. It's kinda fun to have a bunch of upper management looking over your shoulder. They promised too much and then prayed for delivery. You should have seen the relief when I told them yesterday Friday was it.

The up side is the new boss that has done nothing but piss me off and give me less than steller support, "Your just average, don't do anything special, you don't have any marketable skills", told me today that they will be hiring someone to back me up and to also give me a chance to work into some different roles. That means more $$ and something new to work on.

The Pres tried to send me home yesterday morning during a coughing fit and I explained to him that if I went home there was no way "Project create Lincoln more work" was going to happen in time. I heard him in my bosses office later and my name mentioned a few times. Maybe I should thank him.

Anyway, they told me that I could have October 6th - 10th off no matter what, guaranteed. This will be my first full week off since '98. :party:

Later,
Lincoln

I feel for ya...

I'm in charge of ongoing (and interfered with) development of our Electronic Timcard system totally browser based where each of 18,000 employes enter their time...

The last guy gave up on the project after 18 months...he went a little bit nuts (60+hrs/wk will do that)

Ran, done and tested by 2:00 yesterday. :clap:

The only thing hanging over my head now is processing time. It's a commission program and my old boss and I used to spend about three weeks processing data for a once per month run. This new way is supposed to be ran every two weeks. We figured out yesterday that because of month end cuttoffs and payroll deadlines that we have three time during the rest of the year we only have 4 day's to get it done. He thinks he can do it.

My complaint is I have the above every other week and I have to run the interface to send the money for processing on the opposite weeks from that. Throw in my moth end closing duties and reports I'm supposed to distributed. I don't have much time available for vacation. I love accounting.

I think I might have this flu whipped too. Actually got some sleep last night and wasn't up coughing soo much and the fever feels like it's going down. Those drives with no A/C in 105+ heat with a fever would sweat anything out and cause a few illusionsions along the way. Takes me back to the old drug day's. :)

Thanks for letting me blow off some steam. The wifes been having a rough time at work to and I didn't want to bother her much.

Lincoln

Back