• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brace your XJ with the Ultimate Steering Brace from BWE...

Boostwerks.com

NAXJA Forum User
Planning on keeping your XJ for a while? If so, our Ultimate Steering Brace will help keep your XJ crack free and tracking between the lines. :roll:

Steering Brace Assembly https://www.flickr.com/photos/150006253@N08/

- The Ultimate Brace utilizes a large 1 1/4" grease-able pillow block bearing to brace the steering box from those hard hits and high loads that off-roading entails. The Ultimate Brace effectively creates a truss between both Uni-Rails further stiffening the chassis. It is the constant pushing and pulling seen between the track bar and steering box that ultimately creates the all too common sheet metal cracks seen around the steering box and/or track bar mount. Combined with a good track bar brace, our steering brace not only effectively eliminates the stresses that leads to these cracks, but will also extend the life of the steering box by placing the sector shaft in double sheer.

IMG_1836 https://www.flickr.com/photos/150006253@N08/

- In an effort to provide the highest quality parts, the Ultimate Brace receives a 3 stage powder coating process. It goes through a hot phosphate dip to clean and etch the steel. Then it gets a high zinc primer coat to help adhesion and prevent rust from forming. Finally, it's coated in a durable black hammer tone finish that is easy to clean and will look great for years to come.

- We use a specially designed sector nut machined from high strength 1144 alloy steel to give the sector shaft the support it needs. It then get's a silver zinc and blue chromate finish to help prevent corrosion.

Sector Nut https://www.flickr.com/photos/150006253@N08/

- We also now offer the kit in a DIY raw parts version! Simply select the kit from the drop down menu. (Requires chassis fit-up and welding).

Click below to order and more information!

http://www.boostwerksengineering.com/The-Ultimate-XJ-Steering-Brace_p_8.html

:guitar:

I just watched his video and it looks like a much easier install than I was expecting.

From an engineering perspective, I really like that design. Rather than bandaid the problem, you took a good solid approach and solved the underlying problem, while at the same time strengthening the front frame system. Hats off to you. :clap:

Thank's Tom! We've had a lot of great feedback from customers as well. You don't know just how bad the steering play is until you swap on the brace. The difference is night and day.

Our new hidden winch mount (aka the Comp Mount) is coming soon as well! Parts are all here, and we've begun the 1st production run.

22812927_10155694374406420_59146402_o by Bryson Whissen, on Flickr

Thank's Tom! We've had a lot of great feedback from customers as well. You don't know just how bad the steering play is until you swap on the brace. The difference is night and day.

Our new hidden winch mount (aka the Comp Mount) is coming soon as well! Parts are all here, and we've begun the 1st production run.

22812927_10155694374406420_59146402_o by Bryson Whissen, on Flickr
Any info on pricing for this? Is it an addon for the brace or whole separate product that has the brace built in?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Here's a recent review from one of our customers :D

Review: Awesome design,great quality, even better customer service and shipping times. Answered all my questions with the quickness shipped to my door in a couple days I was amazed The steering brace was a pretty straightforward install and fit up real nice once i got all my holes drilled and fit up. Tightened up my steering substantially, felt like night and day difference. Got rid of a bunch of creaking front end noises Almost forgot to grease the bearing! Dont forget that! Love everything about my new steering brace and highly recommend to anyone with an xj looking to tighten things up and help with death wobble. Boostwerks all around great company props guys keep up the good work! Now i need to install my shift linkage upgrade!
Rating: 5

We are now sold out of braces but have more at powder coat waiting to get coated. Thank's NAXJA!!!

Back