• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

00 LTD Auto wont start

jc_663

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, Hi every one ... I am new here but I am old in Jeepsunlimited same nick name ...

I am trying to search for a solution for my problem every where ... my 00 Ltd auto 4.0 wont run!!!

Here is the story:

My brak light stops to function. I started trubleshooting: so I check all the fuses and relays. every thing is ok ... BUT all of a sudden the car wont start and here is the symptoms:

1. the gauges in the cluster are not working (the gas,battery, and oil pressure should indicate somthing!!!) all the lights in the cluster are working fine
2. the security light is on all the time
3. there is a gas in the car. nothing wrong with the gas i guess...
4. the car wont start!!!

it seems to me that the security system is armd ... I checked several web sites and most of it saying that I have to luck/unlcuk the pass door or the hatch ... I did that 1000 times .... nothing !!!
I checked the FSM with no sucess.

any help?

If the security light is on, and it is a problem with the SKIS only a Jeep service center is going to be able to fix it. A few little things though and I know it sounds stuped but you are using a gray orignal key, and not a extra cut one right. Something else to check is to make sure the ECM plugs are tight, and the plugs behind the knee bolster under the steering coloum are tight. The SKIS module in the steering coloum communicates with the ECM so if something came unplugged the Jeep won't start. Before you ask you can't just unplug the unit, or even just replace the unit without a diognostic tool with the Jeep Cherokee software. The ECM, and SKIS module are coded to match each other, and the Jeep will not start if either are replaced, and they're not forced to accept each other with the diognostic too. Also a standard issue scan tool like you can buy from the auto parts store will not work.

Back