• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cool xj on ebay with Chevy 350

That motor is OLD they havn't put rams head exhaust on a car since the mid '70. Those them self are worth some money. When I used to have a Demo car we would take those rams heads, turn them upside down and run 10" of striat pipe out the hood. We would put rain caps on the pipes to top it off.

Sorry to go off topic. Just rememberin' the good old days.

Yeah, the motor is probably old, and the Jeep is a '91, and there's a federal law saying you can't put in a replacement engine from any year older than the vehicle.

There's also a Federal law saying you can't remove or tamper with emissions equipment. I didn't see any mention of catalytic converters on the true dual exhaust, so I assume there are none.

All of which means that this rig is illegal and could not even be registered in about 75% of jurisdictions in the United States.

Eagle,
What are you talking about? I have never heard of such a thing, maybe in CA. but all states........? I don't think it is anything "federal" but locally to your perticular state, maybe.

Its more of a county thing. It is definitly a Non Emissions vehicle.
But that doesnt mean u cant register it.I have mine registered in Flagstaff AZ, even tho I havent lived there in 5 years.. I got my Stste inspection when I bought it, and it was stock, So they think its stock still. No Emissions in that county. But that will change soon and I will prob be SOL :(

THE_OWL said:
But that doesnt mean u cant register it.I have mine registered in Flagstaff AZ, even tho I havent lived there in 5 years.. I got my Stste inspection when I bought it, and it was stock, So they think its stock still. No Emissions in that county. But that will change soon and I will prob be SOL :(

Testing is county to county, but the laws are Federal. Any '91 should have emissions.

THE_OWL said:

You gotta love living above a certain elevation, where emission rules dont apply.

Fergie

I live in New Mexico :D
They even let me chenge my Drivers License and Registration info to my New Mexico address, gotta love Coconinos "strict" rules

Eeww..Gawd! That's certainly,uh,interesting!:rolleyes: That's gotta be the WORST looking flame job I've *ever* seen. It looks like they painted crab claws on it :laugh: And I'm especially diggin' on that spray painted interior! Someone needs to tell those guys about this new invention called "masking tape" :roflmao:

Back