• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MLK Weekend Snow Run

FarmerMatt said:
If you make it for Sat. I'll try to get there. We normally work Saturdays, but I'll try to sneak away.

Matt
I'm good for Saturday, I might be able to get my Brother-in-Law with his 4runner to join us. I will be bring my daughter for sure and maybe my son if I get a co-pilot. If we go Monday, my wife said she would go with me.

For some reason my son is doing too many girl things with my daughter so my wife says I need to take him wheeling and do some manly things. Whichever day is cool with me, just decide and let me know.

Maximus said:
For some reason my son is doing too many girl things with my daughter so my wife says I need to take him wheeling and do some manly things. Whichever day is cool with me, just decide and let me know.
So far it looks like Saturday. Get that boy out for some wheeling! :wave: I'll definitely do me best to bring Parker.

FarmerMatt said:
My 2 boys & wife will be with me. Where were you planning on going Chuck? We could take Blue Ridge from the top of the 4 lane. It spits you out right at Rock Creek Rd. We ran this the weekend before last & was a blast.

Matt
Either there or up at Bald, last year it was really good. My B-I-L was around Blue Ridge with Squirl and Squirly (if you know who they are, part of Marlin's crew I think) two about weekends ago.

For the most part, we can wing it. Meet at Prather by 9am, leave there by 9:30 am.

I might be able to talk to some other friends into going, maybe let them run my wifes XJ.

I know them toy freaks. The turn off for Bald Mt. is Rock Creek Rd off of Dinky Creek Rd. The furthast they've made it up Rock Creek is almost to the green gate at the start of Bald Mt. trail (not very far). They may have made a little more progress this last weekend, but probably not much. Blue Ridge will let us get some snow wheeling in & spit us out at Bald. I know we can all make it through since we broke that trail weekend before last. This is also a way to get around the chain restrictions as you turn off at the top of the 4 lane down Tollhouse Rd. to start up Blue Ridge. This is where they normally put the chain check.

Squirrel & Squirrely are quite a pair & a ledgend around these parts. You should have heard them a couple years ago when they were trying to quite smoking. I've never heard married people go after each other on the CB that bad. I finally had to turn off the CB so my kids wouldn't here the language.

Matt

FarmerMatt said:
Squirrel & Squirrely are quite a pair & a ledgend around these parts. You should have heard them a couple years ago when they were trying to quite smoking. I've never heard married people go after each other on the CB that bad. I finally had to turn off the CB so my kids wouldn't here the language.

Matt
My wife's Uncle worked on Marlin's daughter's teeth, he has a FJ40, setup real well. He claims to have one of the first Marlin crawler boxes. Yea my Brother-in-Law and his Toy, I see if he shows up. :rolleyes:

Lunch on the trail, Mudslinger IM'd me about doing a Weiny roast. We can bring some camp stoves and propane. That will make some Hot Coco as well.

Hey Matt, what do you think about a camp fire. Mudslinger is willing to do the leg work on a Permit, if it is actually need. Any thoughts since I have only been as far as the cross roads from Peterson Road.

You can put a fire directly on the snow but as it wlets the snow underneath it will lose all the oxygen as it sinks down. The best way is to put it on some rocks so it can still get the O2 it needs. The problem I see with bring a drum or something is we will have hot ash and a hot peice of metal to try to cool off before we can even move so that may even more of a hassle.

Back