• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

snow run this weekend?

SeansXJ

NAXJA Forum User
anyone wanna head up to Airport flats? a few of my buddies are headed up Friday after work and staying until sunday. im gonna smash up there and beat around for the day and possibly camp depending on conditions, im headed up saturday morning.

I've never been up icehouse road in the winter. I'm sure its pretty harry for a spooled rig... Not sure if i wanna risk it, snowy cond. my jeep handles like sh!t on anything but the deep stuff now that its spooled.

i want to but i cant sean. maybe next weekend. or the one after if youre down to go again.
we better get in our snow runs now, i heard gas is supposed to go up to 4$ a gallon this summer!

this will be my first year in this XJ locked front a rear in the snow..i have a spool in the rear also Mike...lets go!!

yes 4 bucks is coming...look how much gas has dropped since last summer...maybe 15 cents? lol..oh its goin up!!

what the flip...4 bones, time to start hedging fuel.

i think i'll let you be the guinee pig and head up and around those narrow ass hilly turns spooled then let me know and maybe i'll head up next weekend. My jeep used to handle great on snowy/icey roads back when it was open/open /241tcase but now that i have a spool and 231 i fear its only good for deep snow and will glide right off a narrow icey turn on that road. Or i'll just get some chains clean out me vag sac up and do the damn thing. I'm gonna look for a set of 4 chains this week and let you know.

Last edited:
the road up ice house is clear Mike :)

this is the top of the hill...its plowed pretty far in unless its dumping the day of.
gallery.php

Last edited:
Back