• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Local Jeep-loving marine dies in afghanistan (Joshua "JoshDes" Desforges)

billyjp2

NAXJA Forum User
LUDLOW - Marine Sgt. Joshua D. Desforges, of Ludlow, was killed Wednesday in the Helmand province of Afghanistan, the Department of Defense announced on Thursday.
A Defense Department release said Desforges, 23, died while supporting combat operations in the province, which is the southwest corner of Afghanistan, roughly 100 miles west of the city of Qandahar. He was assigned to 1st Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.

He had a few posts on naxja, here was one introducing himself.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=243583469&postcount=257

here is the news story

http://www.masslive.com/metrowest/republican/index.ssf?/base/news-26/1273823467181490.xml&coll=1

Re: Local Jeep-loving marine dies in afghanistan

:(

RIP

Thanks for posting a link Billy...

RIP :(

Looks like his family wants to be left alone for a while from that article. Let me know if you figure anything out or if there is anything I can help with.

Real sad to hear. It takes the utmost level of courage and bravery to do what our armed service members do every day. I thank God daily that they are protecting us over there instead of on our soil. RIP Joshua.:patriot:

iwo-jima-memorial.jpg

Semper Fi

very sad. He had the courage to do what many in our country wouldn't step up to do. My thoughts are with his family and friends. May he rest in peace.:us:

RIP soldier

RIP..

Billy, did you know him personally?

I did not know him personally, but i remember seeing his jeep around town when he was home on leave. I also drove by his house for work and they have several XJs and a huge wooden American flag in the yard.

Traffic in Ludlow was at a standstill all over town today for the funeral. Ludlow public schools were given the day off and alot of businesses closed down so employees could attend the memorial. I passed through on my way home from work and it really took my breath away to see how the whole town seemingly showed up to pay their respects.

RIP Joshua and thank you for your service. :patriot::us:

Traffic in Ludlow was at a standstill all over town today for the funeral. Ludlow public schools were given the day off and alot of businesses closed down so employees could attend the memorial. I passed through on my way home from work and it really took my breath away to see how the whole town seemingly showed up to pay their respects.
:thumbup:

Out of curiosity I just looked at some of his old posts to get a feel for who this guy was and found this-

DSC00133.jpg

IMG_3433-2.jpg

IMG_3606.jpg

IMG_3604.jpg

theres a few of my 100 or so pictures... im working on a SOA/inboard conversion, obvious flat bed fab, as well as a 44 to 60 front end swap. Also redoing the interior, 4 barrel conversion, custom grill/headlight setup. When finished it will be on 37s or 38s and locked front and rear. If you still happen to be intrested im always open to sharing pictures. Take care.

Josh

...A marine and a FSJ guy. Sounds like my kind of people. RIP man, we never met but I feel like I have lost a potential badass friend.

:us:

Back