• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slick Rock Road - Sunday July 25th

EricsXJ

NAXJA Member #616
NAXJA Member
This run is open to everyone. Its a short but very fun trail.

When: Sunday July 25th
Where: Slick Rock Road (Starts at Lake Alpine on Hwy 4)
Departure Time: estimated 9:00 am
Trail Details: see http://4x4trailmaps.com/4x4Trails.php?Trail_ID=5

Minimum Requirements:
1. 31" tires
2. all other standard NAXJA required equipment (tow points, fire extinguisher, etc)

Good to have (but not required):
1. Rocker Protection
2. Locker ('s)

This is one of my favorite trails because even though it is short, it offers a variety of terrain: boulders, slabs, a few small ledges, twisty section through trees, a water crossing, and a fairly challenging obstacle at the end that is fun for drivers and spectators alike.

Its good to bring your lunch or snacks while we watch (and spot) people up the last obstacle. Most people also prefer to head home directly after this run (meaning they broke camp and are packing their gear) so that they don't have to return to Hermit Valley. I actually prefer to drive the trail back to Hwy 4 and with a small group it takes about the same amount of time as driving pavement (if you are headed that way) so it is optional, but I will plan on driving it backwards to get back to Hwy 4 for those who wish to tag along.

Last edited:
A few photos from previous years events:

4645.jpg

4646.jpg

4651.jpg

looks like a mini rubi! Cool

The pic's look good,I love slick rock trail, Every time i have run it i have a great time.

On the last obstical, how much of that rock formation is the trail? I saw some pretty sweet lines off to the left going up last year, but I dont want to venture off trail.

Behind the people standing in this picture is where I am talking about

On the last obstical, how much of that rock formation is the trail? I saw some pretty sweet lines off to the left going up last year, but I dont want to venture off trail.

Some of that area has gotten very tore up by the buggies looking for more of a thrill ride. From what I remember last year, it looked like it has been blocked off since technically it is not part of the trail. But there were still a few lines left open so if they are it could be fun.

Bad spotter, really bad driver. :greensmok

hey guys, i just ran Slickrock yesterday. IT WAS AWESOME!!!! the trail is in great condition. Im on 31's with 3.5 inches of lift open/open and made it through. It was my first legit trail run. The only hard part was the very end. I couldnt make it up it without a winch. But Kevin from this forum made it up!! he has the same set-up as me i believe.

Great Trail, i would def recommend it for a beginner! huge confidence booster.

Back