• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tap Sockets FTW!

Bent

Only Marble Sharp
NAXJA Member
I bought a set of these a while back and was quite impressed with them. Today I had to tap a couple inches inside some dom with a three-quarter inch NFT. The three quarter inch tab use the largest socket in the set. Not sure if they make sense for a larger taps The large socket is for half-inch drive, and being able to use the ratchet in a tight space, works great, fantastic even. The various sockets range from quarter-inch to half-inch drive.

I can't say enough about these things other than I cannot understand how I lived without them. Price of admission is a no-brainer. They hold the square end of the tap deep inside the socket, and there's a rubber ring at the opening it keeps the cap from wobbling, and keeps it straight. I have several oddball tools made by Lisle and these are of the quality that I've come to expect from that company. You may not realize it now but you need these!

Rather than posting pictures I'll just leave the Amazon link. I'm sure you can get them at other places, probably for less. When I ordered them I needed the 2-day delivery. Looks like I paid $5 more than what they are now.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01DS50VFW/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back