• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who is bringing their dog???

cencal96xj

NAXJA Forum User
I plan on bringing my pup. Hes a Husky about 9 months old right now. I haven't taken him camping yet, but later this month I'm going camping/wheeling for my b-day so we'll see how that goes.

Just wondering if anyone else plans on bringing their dog's too. Also, if anyone has any tips/tricks for traveling and camping with dogs on long trips

Here's my pup, Boost! (Yes, I know he will get filthy :looney:)

I usually bring Jimmy, my black lab. He is getting old but still loves camping.

Biggest tip is to be respectful of others concerning your dog, food, jumping and so forth. It sucks but a leash is best some times. Pick up after him. Just because you are camping doesn't mean you can leave dog crap around the site.

For your dogs sake and other jeepers keep a close hand on him when vehicles are moving. A dead or injured dog won't make anyone's trip good.

I know it is pretty much all common sense and we all do the best we can and that's all I ask. I would rather feather jimmy than have him annoy anyone. Luckly he is old and just lays around for the most part.

Re: Re: Who is bringing their dog???

I usually bring Jimmy, my black lab. He is getting old but still loves camping.

Biggest tip is to be respectful of others concerning your dog, food, jumping and so forth. It sucks but a leash is best some times. Pick up after him. Just because you are camping doesn't mean you can leave dog crap around the site.

For your dogs sake and other jeepers keep a close hand on him when vehicles are moving. A dead or injured dog won't make anyone's trip good.

I know it is pretty much all common sense and we all do the best we can and that's all I ask. I would rather feather jimmy than have him annoy anyone. Luckly he is old and just lays around for the most part.

Thanks yeah I plan to have him on a leash the whole time. He IS a husky after all, and very curious, and he'll just wander off exploring.

Oh and cute pup
Thanks! Haha

Yeah I have I cocker that never figured out camping. Barks to Mich and always finds a way to get into someone's food. Not to mention the wondering and searching for him all the time. Needless to say he stays at home...

Yeah I have I cocker that never figured out camping. Barks to Mich and always finds a way to get into someone's food. Not to mention the wondering and searching for him all the time. Needless to say he stays at home...

Haha. We'll see how he does on my birthday trip, that will ultimately determine if he comes to this trip or not.

Just a few of these...

kunzlerHotDog.jpg

Well mannered and quiet dogs are always welcome. But as Josh mentioned please be respectful of others and keep your dog under control.

Well mannered and quiet dogs are always welcome. But as Josh mentioned please be respectful of others and keep your dog under control.

He's a good dog. Doesn't bark much.

I'll have mine

He's nice and wants to Olay with any and everything, but isn't one to listen well sometimes. But he loves to go jeeping and camping.

My pup is the same way haha. He has selective listening

Back