• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TRrack bar help needed ASAP!

Incredible Hulk

NAXJA Forum User
I got my 44 all connected and have the springs in and the weight of the vehicle on it. The track bar is about 2" too short. I have the RE XD track bar and bracket. So, I need to konw what my options are. Can I redrill a new hole? SHould I build some more wall onto the front of that bracket so that I have more to dril into? The pic posted has the track bar out as far as it will go. Or, do I need to chop the track bar and make it longer? So I need ideas.....FAST. Anyone got some creative ones? Any and all help and input is appreciated.
MVC-041F.jpg

josh

josh, I would length'n the TB. Thats my opinion...Sleeve it or Fabricate a DOM one. You could make a new bracket out of 1/4" but it all depends on if you have the stuff to work with that thickness (welder, chop saw/plasma/etc..)

man you got to lay off the root beer :D

-Red

www.JPFabrication.com

Drill a new hole 5/8" away from the exisitng hole. to the drivers side level with the existing hole this will alow the TB to have more up travel . It is common to do with the XJ setup

2" to the right isn't gonna leave a whole lot of material considering how the bracket is wedge shaped. I think drilling would be a good temp solution, but you should re-fab or reinforce and extend the existing bracket for the sake of beef.

That hole is a solid 2" away. 5/8" isnt gonna cut it and he is right, there isnt much material left. I think i am going to take it in and have the track abr lengthened tomorrow.
josh

Incredible Hulk said:
I got my 44 all connected and have the springs in and the weight of the vehicle on it. The track bar is about 2" too short. I have the RE XD track bar and bracket. So, I need to konw what my options are. Can I redrill a new hole? SHould I build some more wall onto the front of that bracket so that I have more to dril into? The pic posted has the track bar out as far as it will go. Or, do I need to chop the track bar and make it longer? So I need ideas.....FAST. Anyone got some creative ones? Any and all help and input is appreciated.
MVC-041F.jpg

josh

It looks like your going OTK, why do you have the trackbar under the axle? Should you mount it higher to match your draglink angle?

ChuckD said:
It looks like your going OTK, why do you have the trackbar under the axle? Should you mount it higher to match your draglink angle?

Yes, he should. If you mount the trackbar there, assuming everything is stock on the other end, you will get bumpsteer, guaranteed. You need to move the trackbar over the axle. I actually ended up shortening my RE trackbar by a good 4"s when I moved mine up, but I moved it way up to match the drag-link going to a hy-steer arm.

Ary

Actually, since I have the RE HD track and bracket, its drops that track bar frame side mount down to below the pitman arm. So, the track bar is just below both the pitman and the TRE, so they might not be perfectly parallel, but they are going to be dang close. I am lengthening the track bar by the way to help remedy this issue. Thanks for the suggestions.

Safari Ary said:
Yes, he should. If you mount the trackbar there, assuming everything is stock on the other end, you will get bumpsteer, guaranteed. You need to move the trackbar over the axle. I actually ended up shortening my RE trackbar by a good 4"s when I moved mine up, but I moved it way up to match the drag-link going to a hy-steer arm.

Ary

the track bar should be at the same angle and the same LENGTH as the drag link to avoid bumpsteer. how does your length match up? any bumpsteer?

sarvermr said:
the track bar should be at the same angle and the same LENGTH as the drag link to avoid bumpsteer. how does your length match up? any bumpsteer?

My trackbar is considerably shorter than my drag-link, but since they're both nearly flat and are both parallel I don't have any discernable bump-steer.

Back