• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adopt-a-Road August 26th!!!!!!!!

Hypoid

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
The people have spoken! :)

Meet 9:00 AM at the Clear Creek Ranger Station, 101 Chicago Creek Road, Idaho Springs CO 80452

Please bring enough clothing for any weather condition, sturdy shoes, gloves, hat, and drinking water. If you have a hard hat, bring that along.

Food is open for discussion.

Thanks, Mike

How is this road? Debating if I should bring the zj (stock) or the xj. I'm trying to make it, and also the spring Creek run

If it is an AWD vehicle, absolutely not!

If it has 4-low, skid plates, and a loose nut behind the wheel (who does not care about dents in the rockers), it can be done.

If you want to avoid the drive home, there is dispersed camping on the mountain.

I won't have a baseball scheduled for the boy until August 14, Mike... If I can make it I will, but it ain't looking good... I DID get the wiring done on the utility trailer this weekend, and completed the re-decking so if we're not ballin, I've got some haulin!

For those not in the know........

We adopted the Idaho Springs side of Saxon Mountain, including FS 710 and FS 712.

I'm looking to see if I can create a hole in my schedule and run this in the Dakota......

Last time I was on that road I'm pretty sure my stock F250 could've made it (although it'd be a rough ride).

Regardless, I'm going to try to make this one. I just have to see how everything pans out.

Any need for a truck with a bed, or should I just bring the XJ?

My son and I will be there, and my buddy Noah says he is planning on going too.

Yes, please!

Sorry about the delay, this new J-O-B gave me a lot of OT last week. I'll follow up tonight.

Last time I was on that road I'm pretty sure my stock F250 could've made it (although it'd be a rough ride).

Regardless, I'm going to try to make this one. I just have to see how everything pans out.
I have watched a lot of stock pickup trucks run this trail. ;)

Any need for a truck with a bed, or should I just bring the XJ?

My son and I will be there, and my buddy Noah says he is planning on going too.
Pickup trucks make a great work platform for setting posts (the steel posts are 8 feet long). Also, there is a fiberglass topper for a smaller truck that would be nice to haul out before I cut it into trash-can sized chunks.

I am contemplating splitting the group to cover more ground, and grilling some lunch at the summit.

As long as nothing comes up, I should be able to make this!
It would be great to see you there Cat!

Hoping to make it to this, just need to get a couple of items of the "to-do" list done, and talk my 7 year old into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

%^&* I may be out for this.

Still a maybe -- "TBD" on Tay's baseball schedule...

Back