• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to get & how much$ vent window/window rubber?

Heinz

NAXJA Forum User
My 92 XJ has wind noise like you wouldnt beleive. Where can I get new rubber for front windows and vents and how much? Thanks, Heinz

yea, I need it too. Mainly the dew wipes, or whatever you call that part that rubs the window as it goes up and down.

-Scott

You can get them at the dealer. It called weatherstripping and be prepared to spend some money. I replaced them on my 88 XJ in Feb & March of this year. I posted back then all the part numbers.

Chrysler does NOT sell the gasket for the triangle window, have you tried pennies or a nickle under the handle to help seal it? Chrysler will be more than glad to sell you a new window assy for $240.

Are you wanting to do the front doors or all 4 doors? Also are you considering replacing the piece on the out side that wipes the due off you window in the morning?

Also if you do the back doors I have some tips. Buy the divider which goes between the movable and fixed glass. It is the only way to get new weather stripping for the forward edge of the fixed window and costs the same as the weather stripping for the aft track of the moveable glass.

I will say all new weather stripping did make a difference on my XJ. took year off the look and got rid of noises I had been hearing.

It not hard and when you are done you will be an expert in window weather stripping!

For the vent window, make sure first that the latch is not loose in the glass. Then loosen the screw at the top of the glass, and move it around until it seats as well as it can in the rubber. Then take some silicone grease, and grease the rubber where it meets the glass at the bottom. This last hint came from someone long ago on the forum, and it helps much more than you'd expect.

For general wind noise, check whether the door is closing tight at the top. Hinge wear, and just general alteration of door shape over the years, can leave a gap at the top. You can realign the hinges, and realign the latch, if necessary, and if the top is still loose when the bottom is correct, you can pull the window frame inward a little. Just get into the seat, open the door a little, brace your knees against the door, and yank the top inward. Don't yank too hard.

Part Numbers

Here the link for the post where I gave the part numbers for the seals used on my 88 XJ.

I replaced the weather stripping on my XJ this spring. It is not cheap but here are the part numbers I purchased. Make sure you verify these with the parts counter at the dealer before you order. This list may help.

Front Door - Left
55235703 Weather stripping, Run Channel - top and rear
55002337 Weather stripping, front channel attached to triangle vent frame
55235409 Weather stripping, exterior wiper

Front Door - Right
55235702 Weather stripping, Run Channel - top and rear
55002337 Weather stripping, front channel attached to triangle vent frame
55235408 Weather stripping, exterior wiper

Rear Doors - Left
55235705 Weather stripping, Window frame
4728933 Left Divider bar for back seat door
55235404 Weather stripping, movable window exterior wiper
55235405 Weather stripping, fixed window exterior wiper

Rear Door - right
55235704 Weather stripping, Window frame
4728932 Right Divider bar for back seat door
55235404 Weather stripping, movable window exterior wiper
55235405 Weather stripping, fixed window exterior wiper

Also it is cheaper to replace the divider bar than to buy the weather stripping for the rear channel of the movable channel it is also the only way to get the forward channel seal for the fixed window.

They ran anywhere from $10 to $35 for each peace. Just go into your local dealer and find out.

Hey guys, I just need to replace vents and front door seals/stripping. I'll try that hint on vent window too. I'll double check if door hinge problem, but I dont think so, Thanks and any other info or prices would be great, Heinz

i might have some of that stuff lying around unopened! i'll look and c what part numbers i have!!!!

stoney

Back