• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turn Key Offroad Camping Trailer for sale.

stumpXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, many of you have seen my trailer I built, well its now for sale since we need something bigger.

Ok folks, this trailer was a labor of love last year while I was unemployed. I have been considering selling it since we just had a little girl, and we are quickly running out of room with this set-up. We also have 2 large dogs who we need to accomodate at all of our camping trips, so we are looking to move up to something bigger.

This trailer is located in Decatur Geogia, which is about 7 miles from down town Atlanta. The fully loaded/as pictured** price for this trailer is $4700.00. I have the title in hand.

Here is a list of specs and items that are included in the trailer.

*The main body is 5' wide x 6' long (inside dimensions)
*Over all length is about 12 feet. (will have to confirm)
*Frame height from ground to bottom of frame is about 23inches, depending on air psi in bags.
*Side walls are 24 inches high
*Weight is unknown, but pulls very easily with my Jeep Cherokee. Its well balanced, and an be moved around by one person.
*Custom built Two Link trailing arm suspension with panhard bar (double shear). This thing pulls like a dream, handles 100% better than my rig, and is adjustable depending on load with the airbags.
*Includes greasable poly joints from Ballistic fab.
*Dual Firestone airbags with shocks (double shear)
*Dexter 3500 pound axle, including electric brakes, on Jeep/Ranger 5x4.5" pattern.
*Flooring inside is 14 gauge steel, and lid is 14 gauge. Sides, front, and tailgate are 16 gauge with 1" 11 gauge square tubing for frame work.
*Main frame of the trailer is 2x3 rectangular tubing.
*Outside paint is a combination of Dupont white and black, with epoxy primer, and Herculiner roll on bedliner. (inside and fenders are bedlined)
*The lid is removeable to allow an open utility style trailer.
*Dual 250 pound lift struts.
*Like new Cooper STT mud Terrains in 31 x 10.50 R15 size tires, mounted on 15 x 8 Cragar Soft 8 steelies. Tires and wheels have about 2500 miles on them.
*7 pin RV style hook-up (with charging wire attached)
*Yellow Top Optima battery in the toungue box
*Schumacher Smart Charger/shore power
*800 watt 110volt power inverter
*19 gallon poly water tank, mounted under the trailer right in front of the axle
*Shurflo 12 volt pump, with coil hose sprayer system
*8 foot long awning. This is the camping labs style, but I purchased it in europe under a different brand name, prime tech tents.
*Mid sized RTT, This is the camping labs style, but I purchased it in europe under a different brand name, prime tech tents. Sleeps two adults very comfortably.
*RTT has 110volt outlets, 12 volt outlet, and LED lighting strip with a switch hard mounted on the inside of the tent in a weather proof box.
*Still has a 2 inch standard type ball hitch
*Rear adjustable leveling legs on each corner
*Front jack for leveling/storing
*Comes with two Nato style lockable fuel can holders, like new nato cans are included. (No spout)
*Comes with 20 pound propane cylinder mount, and cylinder
*Comes with fully outfitted kitchen box w/stove (see below)
*Comes with Shovel and mounts
*Comes with Hi-lift mounts (No hi-lift)
*Comes with a HUGE Norcold 80 qt Fridge

The cons:

Still have to hook up the wires to the electric axle brakes, they are there, just not hooked up yet since I have no controller for my vehicle.

The Yellow top may be a dud, it was given to me, so I cant return it for a new one. Its a 2009 model, but doesnt seem to have a lot of capacity. It works just fine for LED lights and smaller stuff all weekend, but will not last long with a fridge or the inverter running. Maybe I am just expecting too much, honestly dont know.

The rear tailgate has no cables to hold it up. It just swings down 180 degrees or I use a motorcycle strap to hold it at whatever level I want. I had envisioned a truck tailgate cable set-up, but havent gotten around to it.

I was going to add a 2 inch receiver type coupler on the tongue, but have not needed to at this point. The standard 2 inch ball hitch works just fine. I do have the material to convert it to a receiver style, if the buyer would like it done before pickup.

I have owned the RTT and Awning for about 4 years, and there is a little wear, but nothing major at all. Just want the buyer to be aware it has been through two vehicles before it made it to the trailer. I just put a new cover on the RTT, and it is not pictured.

Paint has a few chips and scratches, but I think I have some touch-up paint left.

The entire trailer has about 2500 miles (of which 98% have been highway) since completing this build.

**The following may be pictured, but are NOT included.**

Hi-lift Jack
Chainsaw/Chainsaw mount
Axe

I am sure I have forgotten a ton of things, please ask questions or come by and look at it for yourself. Most of the local guys on here have seen it. My email is [email protected], and my phone is 4zero4-66one-7025

The only trades I am interested in is a pop-up style camper or dual sport Motorcycle of equal value.

The build thread for the trailer is HERE

The build thread for the kitchen is HERE

Kitchen includes the coleman two burner stove, knife magnet, LED lights. Does NOT include other utensils.

Pics: (more pics in the above links)
*More pics are also in another post in the thread below*

Started off life as this (and is still titled as a 1999 Cargo trailer)

DSCN1049.jpg

Here it is in its current state

DSCN1827.jpg

DSCN1826.jpg

DSCN1824.jpg

DSCN1823.jpg

DSCN1822.jpg

DSCN1821.jpg

DSCN1820.jpg

DSCN1819.jpg

DSCN1818.jpg

DSCN1817.jpg

DSCN1816.jpg

DSCN1800.jpg

DSCN1799.jpg

Here is the thread, http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=828959#post828959

Let me know if anyone is interested.

~ Stump

Last edited by a moderator:
Man stump I hope you can sell it. Can't wait to watch you build another.

Stump, That thing is amazing. It really has come a long way since I last saw it. You do some very nice work! I would really love to have it. Im just not sure I can fit the price into my budget right now. Id love to come down, pick it up and tote it back to AZ with me on my 30 day in may. It would really be perfect for what Im looking to do with the Jeep. When are you looking to get rid of it? Its not sold yet is it?

Aaron

That is one sweet build. If I weren't building an offroad teardrop trailer at the moment I would be interested.

PM sent...

That is one sweet build. If I weren't building an offroad teardrop trailer at the moment I would be interested.

Thanks Tom!

I probably would build a teardrop myself, as I could make it work with me, the wife, and the new kid, but I still have two 90 pound dogs that need some floor space...

Got a build thread on yours??

~ Stump

That is one impressive trailer, good luck in the sale. Hey, I think you are the one who bought the Eaton supercharger from me awhile back, have you looked into installing that thing yet? Just curious, would love to see pics of it putting some boost into an XJ.

That is one impressive trailer, good luck in the sale. Hey, I think you are the one who bought the Eaton supercharger from me awhile back, have you looked into installing that thing yet? Just curious, would love to see pics of it putting some boost into an XJ.

Hey man, yep that was me. The Eaton is looking really nice sitting on my shelf of stuff to do.... Its getting a little closer to the top though...now that I am no longer daily driving my big Jeep, I can actually spend time working on it.

~ Stump

Last edited:
I'll reiterate what someone else said about looking fwd to your next build...

Stump, did you ever get this trailer weighed? Just curious what she came in at.

Best of luck on the sale Sir, shouldnt be long till you find a buyer at your asking price.

:wave1:

Hey John, thanks man. I am not 100% sure which direction I am going, but it will likely be a small pop-up camper that has been Stumpified. Just need some more floor space...

I never did get a chance to weigh it, although I may get a wild hair this weekend and drag it out to some scales. I have had a prospective buyer ask me as well. It pulls easily with my stock geared (3.55's with an auto for now) Cherokee on 33's and 6" of lift, so I didnt worry about it too much. Its balanced really well.

See ya man... :D

~ Stump

I'll give you your money back on the Norcold. :D

That's still a good deal!!

I'd love to have this but I just got my pop up and I'd hate for the wife to disown me for getting another toy. I've seen this thing in person and whoever gets it will be getting their money's worth.

Thanks Mark, I think its a heck of a deal with what all is included. But I may be biased. :D

I am looking at a popup as well. I need the extra floor space.

Of course it will get a little stumpy love to make it a little more offroad friendly. I am really pleased with how this trailers suspension handles, so the pop-up will likely get the same treatment.

Back