• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

10th anniversary...

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
Alright cool kats...based on the edumucation that I got last year, this year IS the 10th anniversary of WINTERFEST!

A decade.

I've been to them all except for the one that wasn't really one in somewhere other than Attica but not to hasta that's been discussed enough...I was 21 when I attended my first...just a newbie...

I wanna hear some Winterfest stories...I'm sure there will be an old Winterfest pic thread, but if you have a pic to go with your story, lets see em...

I'll start:

The second winterfest Ken Brubaker (who wrote under the pen name Skip Baker for Four Wheel Drive and Sport Utility at that time) rode along with us and I got my Junk pictured in a magazine (first time in a magazine), Nate and I pre ran the trails and rolled his MJ during the prerun that year.

This is one of two pics that was in the magazine:
pic107.jpg

One year Mike from NJ got out of his XJ with it running and in gear (dang manuals) and ran into another XJ.

Bob Loose and rock face in the creek...nuff said

Beezil and Sean Rose spooning..and then some straw (or was it hay) everywhere.

The first year that Les came and brought straw (or was it hay) was a godsend!

John and the homebrew!

The first raffle we ever had was out of the back of my XJ in the quarry (cira 2001 or 2002) and there were less than 10 items.

Bottles passed around the campfire

Never being able to put names with faces (read good campfires) see above.

Campfires warping RVs

mac 'one of NAXJA's longest running events' gyvr

This pic shows the after-effects of Mac "frolicking like an epileptic goat" gyvr, with the hay that Les brought, after consuming large quantities of Beezil's homebrew and various bottles that were passed around...

WF '04

this is what put me in the whoops section of petersons off road, and why I run around with my top off all the time now.

the bus made its first appearance at winterfest in 02 (?) when camping was down the road by the river at the campground.

Ky Chris learned to stake his tent down.

Sean Rose found out what kind of female one could pick up at subway.

I met a guy named Chewy that really looks like a Chewbaca.

I remember saying hello to everyone at my first WF...
--some irish idiot came over and shoved a bottle of 151 in my hands. (It burned). Then he introduced me to his wife - as 'The hot lady over there, that I'm going to sleep with tonight' :D

I remember Mike Hale being SO excited to see me at the Winterfest Remote (the one with good rocks and good trails in MO :D) - that Randy (Intrepid) picked me up at Chicago O'Hare and we drove down to.

I remember buring hay bales.

I remember hearing things come outta Les' mouth that I would have never expected. :wave:

I remember driving to my 2nd winterfest with a bad wheel passenger front bearing. Changed the driver front, and thought I'd fixed it... :doh: only to get pissed off about 1/2 mile down the road... I hate driving through Iowa...

I remember feeding Ginger (RIP) rum and coke. She liked it. :gag:

I remember......

hmmm.....

I know I was there....

maybe I need to imbibe more around the fire.

Oh...i got it....I remember:

Muffin getting her nickname
Lar (how Sean got her is still a mystery)
In bed with Scotts wife
Brittney, and I seem to remember something about her driver.
Les' daughter
Jim, who seems to have more wisdom then the whole group combined.
Some dude with a blonde wig.
Scraping all the mud off a Jeep looking for a fuel leak....then finding out "It has smelled like that for a while"
Nates wife (She was right)
Seeing Bob busted on Rockface....again.

Rev

I remember Mike Hale being SO excited to see me at the Winterfest Remote (the one with good rocks and good trails in MO :D) - that Randy (Intrepid) picked me up at Chicago O'Hare and we drove down to.
It was because I thought your sister was coming with you.:D

I remember last year when we were leaving town we pulled into McDonalds and a fellow by the name of John came up and introduced himself and checked out my rig and complimented it (sticks in my mind b/c it does not happen often :D) he said that he did not get a chance to wheel with me in my group but was looking forward to next year (oh-ten). I noticed he was using a newer Grand Cherokee as his tow rig...now fast forward to yesterday, I go to the mailbox and get one of my monthly wheelin rags and open it up and there he is! He was invited to go on the Ultimate Adventure and did so even sporting a D30 up front :D. So, I thought it was cool that I had seen him and his rig at WF for the past few years and now he is in that magazine. I have plenty more memories, but that one I thought was worth mentioning.

I remember......

Jim, who seems to have more wisdom then the whole group combined.

Rev

Which Jim are you talking about? Cause I know it ain't me. JIM.

Naaa...it is you.

You hide your wisdom well, but any man that can drive to Moab and not wheel, and STILL remain happy, has wisdom that I can only dream of.

Rev

Naaa...it is you.

You hide your wisdom well, but any man that can drive to Moab and not wheel, and STILL remain happy, has wisdom that I can only dream of.

Rev

So.....you have dreams about JIM?

TMI!

TMI!

I dream about JIM in a bacon body suit..whoa, wait, did I say that out loud? :D

I dream about JIM in a bacon body suit..whoa, wait, did I say that out loud? :D

Oh wow! Good thing you didn't have the pig gig at your house Jim. I could see tyler lurking outside your window with the nacho cheese machine and a 50 ft. extension cord! :roflmao:

Back