• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado Chapter Rigs

20953225_10210090959885695_3351111129431686716_n.jpg

What's up guys? I'm fairly new here to Colorado, just got stationed at Carson, only been here since the tail end of March. Picked up this 96 XJ. It was bone stock when I got it in June. Had a terrible death wobble at 55 ish, so instead of messing with it, I decided to strictly drive it around town and just throw a lift at it. So, I went with a Rough Country 4.5" X series lift and some 33x12.50 BFG KO2's. After about 2 weeks of fighting with it on and off in my spare time, I finally got it together and have been enjoying the hell outta it... It's still got some quirks and is noticeably leaning to the driver's side, but whatever... I like it enough to keep it around for now. Especially since the death wobble is gone!

Hi everyone,

Moved out about a year ago from Hawaii but have been stalking NAXJA for probably a decade. This is my third XJ and so far it's my most built (previous was a 1990 Waggy and an 85 XJ)

Busting snow
Coney Flats
Mud and Clay on Hawaii

I've built this accursed thing from stock to where it is now. It's a lot of fun but it's been a ton of work (new engine, rebuilt both axles and transfer case, the list goes on). Look forward to talking with you all!

I don’t quite know if this is the right place for me to be posting but I pretty much live in Northern Colorado. Here’s my 1992 XJ 4dr. 97k miles, 2 inch budget boost and 31s. More to come.
816d248bfcaf3cd0f9b80b361f250a2e.jpg

6414fdbcde6e564a6cc8024c14d20f1d.jpg

I don’t quite know if this is the right place for me to be posting but I pretty much live in Northern Colorado. Here’s my 1992 XJ 4dr. 97k miles, 2 inch budget boost and 31s. More to come.
816d248bfcaf3cd0f9b80b361f250a2e.jpg

6414fdbcde6e564a6cc8024c14d20f1d.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

Don't cut yourself short by saying your from northern Colorado, wear your Wyoming badge proudly! Don't mind me, I'm just jealous. :cheers:

The commander is mostly pretty again still need to finish pulling the rest of the door dent but most is out . The case is replaced and the differential actuators replaced and I bought a new scanner to clear all major codes you can't do with basic scanners as the codes stored in the transfer case control module wouldn't clear with the fuse trick and thus no low ranger or differential lock up . Now the XK will drive on 3 wheel in low range just like my Detroit locked rig. Put in a new water pump as well but will need to order a new heater tube o ring you don't get one with a new pump and mine was split the sizing seems a little off from off the shelf rings at the parts store I also think the tube is bent so probably order a ring and a new tube and ring if the ring alone fixes the leak great if not I'll do the extra work to replace the tube at the moment I found the an 11 mm ring where the ring is supposed to go plus a 12 mm sandwiched between the lip of the tube and pump stop the leak but I don't think it will be long term ...I can't believe they don't supply a new o ring with a pump since it's likely if you're pump gasket is old and leaking the o ring on the tube isn't much better .

Last edited:
Back