• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thread about Kent "Lion Grrrr" Nelson for the in Memorium forum

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Does anyone have any thoughts/pictures/stories they want to share? Lets put together something and then we'll get it in there so that way everyone can see it and have something to remember him by.

Re: Thread about Lion for the in Memorium forum

i only have one story about Lion. i met him last year at SoCal Fest. he walked into my camp at 6am sunday morning with a beer i had never heard of in his hand and said "here". we chit-chatted a bit while we had our beers, and off he went to continue meeting the rest of the group. hell of a nice guy, and a damn good beer.

:cheers:

me and lion shared a nice size bottle of jager at goatfest 07' that nobody wanted to drink cause it was piss warm....

well killed that bottle together and we both passed out next to the fire.

good times.

i don't know the coords. but there is a geo-cache in his memory behind the mailbox on the mojave road.
MojaveRoad2008083.jpg

Geeze I don't know what would be better to share his comments about how beautiful it was every where I saw him and how glad he was to be there or the memories of him walking through camp greeting folks at all times with a drink of some sort and a smile.

Someone find the post I had about naming a place after him...
I still think 'Back Door' in JV was named after my bud Lion...

:D

Back