• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Official Sierra Fest 2013 schedule of events

EricsXJ

NAXJA Member #616
NAXJA Member
For the Rubicon Trail ride, see the separate thread for that.

Sierra Fest 2013 will be held at the same location as last year which is the Hermit Valley Campground on Hwy 4. See this thread for directions.

The tentative schedule of events will be as follows:

Aug 8th (Thu) - Arrival day, possible trail ride (TBA)
Evening: possible night run on Slick Rock

Aug 9th (Fri) - Deer Valley Trail (assuming it is open)
Evening: Annual night run to the top of the ridge

Aug 10th (Sat) - Slick Rock Road
Evening: BBQ and Raffle

Aug 11th (Sun) - pack up and head home

If anybody would like to run Slick Rock again on Sunday on the way out, let me know. I try to do it again every year.

Re: Re: Official Sierra Fest 2013 schedule of events

If anybody would like to run Slick Rock again on Sunday on the way out, let me know. I try to do it again every year.

I may be in for this. I asked for up to the 12th off so I should be able to

will we be running slickrock both directions on saturday again? I missed out on that last time and would love to do it.

since this is my favorite run of the year, i will most likely be up there on wednesday getting the party started early.

not unless we go in & out the same way as i will have the red p.o.s. on a trailer.

after seeing a group of yota buggies on 38"s go from buck island to tahoe to get beer and back to buck island in about 5 hours (at night) I'd say there are a couple options:

.. you park your trailer at the staging area on tahoe side wheel in to buck island the first day to meet the group (won't be a problem in the red junk, you'll beat us there even going to long way. then wheel back out that way with us.

..you start at loon with the group, wheel the trail to springs with us (2 days) then wheel back out to loon the day the group goes up cadillac. (I'm sure somebody would go with you :D)

..you park your trailer at staging area (tahoe) before we get to loon. wheel the whole trail to loon and then run the whole trail back with us...

just sayin....

or you drive your rig on the highway from staging area to loon after dropping your trailer and say **** da police :gee:

or you drive your rig on the highway from staging area to loon after dropping your trailer and say **** da police :gee:
I like this option.

So we are running slick rock from north to south then coming back north for deer valley then slick rock again??

The only planned trail run on Saturday is Slick Rock. We will run north to south. To get back to camp you can either go back the way we came running the trail the other way or take pavement.

Is anyone doing anything Thursday night? Me and Kanin will be there Thursday morning...

deer valley night run will most likely be friday night, but we could always blast our way up thursday night as well.

Back