• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone ever had their Jeep stolen?

I have. They found it the next day with a broken vent window and a stripped column. No one was found in or around it. They just took it on a joy ride because nothing was stolen out of it (CD player, gps, or mp3 player) punk ass kids! It was the worst feeling ever like I was violated

I've had one tire (wtf? ONE?! had my stock tires sitting in the backyard at a friend's place, one went missing) stolen, along with two GPS units and a camera... never had the jeep itself get stolen though. I know of at least 3 people on here who have had it happen though, can't remember usernames.

I also had my drivers door window smashed and the door tooled up a while ago, just plain vandalism, they didn't take anything.

I had my old YJ stolen while living in Denver,they(cops) found it completely stripped! only thing left was the tub,dash and frame! Still makes me mad!

two years ago I had my Soft top taken off my TJ! Saddest part is it was most likely another jeep owner that took it! they had to know how to get it off the jeep quickly and that takes practice!:flamemad:

Some years ago I came outside one night and found 3 teenagers that were effin w/ my 92. Ended up chasing one of them a block until he fell over someone's backyard fence. I looked at him 3 ft from the other side of the fence and left him on the ground--he couldn't have even been 16. I had to fix the lock that they popped out and from that time on you could open it with any old key or screwdriver.

I had my old YJ stolen while living in Denver,they(cops) found it completely stripped! only thing left was the tub,dash and frame! Still makes me mad!

two years ago I had my Soft top taken off my TJ! Saddest part is it was most likely another jeep owner that took it! they had to know how to get it off the jeep quickly and that takes practice!:flamemad:

check your local craigslist...
teenagers often steal the easy stuff, like factory soft tops, truck tailgates, etc etc... it doesnt HAVE to be a jeeper, maybe he flips them regularly.

sorry to hear about everyones theft issues, ive been lucky to only have had a ridgid flashlight go missing out of the jeep. (i have a matching drill, and it pisses me off everytime i have to work w/ only 1 battery, i can only imagine the violated feeling of a stolen jeep.)

mine has been broken into 3 times, once in hollywood and twice in my driveway. the last time the alarm didnt even go off, i heard something and went out to have a look to see 2 guys running down the street carrying my speakerbox. i must have spooked them when i came out they were a good 100 yards away when i saw them, i would have chased them but the bastards cut the starter wire for the jeep.. still havent figured out that one. I'm guessing they cut every wire they could reach hoping one led to the alarm. they cut the wiring for the o2 sensor and the foglights as well, and ripped my whole dash apart trying to get the radio out.

bastards.

about a month and a half ago i had a radio stolen and all of my quarters and pen a dollar in my glovebox the worst part was they tashed my dash

there was a spree of car break-ins down around my house at school not long ago. two of my friends cars in the adjacent driveway had smashed windows and stolen gps' and such. i just leave my doors unlocked, and it paid off because one morning i came out to my door ajar and my center console open with the random junk i have in there thrown about the front seats.

rather have them go in and find nothing worth taking than have to deal with a broken window. yes ive got hidden fuel cutoff and such so a quick steal isnt an option even though the doors are unlocked

hopefully next time they wont try to steal my rig, but it helps that its the crappiest car in the driveway :eyes: . last year we arrived back at the house to find my roomates audi broken into, ignition busted, idling in the driveway at 1am. something must have spooked the @zzholes and kept them from actually taking it

Last edited:
the first time they broke into mine, they took a flathead screwdriver, punched a hole in the passenger door skin just under the lock, and pried the lock out. they just pulled the lock rod and opened the door. I almost wish they would have broken the window, its easier to replace than fixing a hole in the damn door!

not my jeep but i once went to my college, i saw a blue 96 or older XJ with about 5" lift with some 33"s tires that had its door WIDE open, touching other car next to it. I guess that one was attempted to steal stuff out of it.

I will try my best to not leave anything valuable in the car to prevent this from happening because it just plain out suck.

March 2008,

Well I woke up on a Thursday morning from a knocking on the door I answer the door in my boxers to two policemen asking if I knew where my Jeep was. I told them that its out in the parking lot why? (at this point I am thinking "did they get that mad that I parked up against the curb") The officer says to me, "well how about you put the dog down, get your shoes on and show me where it is." So I go and put my shoes on and proceed to walk downstairs and say "well it was right there, but its not anymore." He then said "ya I saw blacked out going 120 down old statesville road... It didn't have any engine problems did it? Smoke was pouring out of the back." I replied "no actually the engine has only 70k on it." He takes down all my info and tells me that it was used in numerous robberies and mischief throughout the night. He then said "ya well when I saw that the 2 occupants were black males and when I ran the tag and noticed you were a white male I began to wonder." Meanwhile I have a $1000 worth of tools in the back, a sweatshirt, a $150 spoiler template and some burned CDs.

So days go by and I hear nothing on it, meanwhile I am about to lose my temper and kill someone, then I get a call on that Monday saying its in a apartment complex parking lot and I will be able to pick it up down at Hunters wrecker in charlotte. and that it looks like the people got in through the side vent window.

I look and the drivers side lock cylinder is popped out and no damage to the vent window. The steering column is all torn out, the stereo is gone, the spoiler template is gone, the burned cds are gone. ALL THE TOOLS ARE STILL THERE! That right there proves that they were a bunch of dumb asses. brand new snap-on tools and box are still all there. but they cared enough to rumage through it.

After all of this and paying my insurance company 1,100 dollars...They wouldn't cover a dime because it didn't have any damage from an "accident". They didn't bother telling me when I set up this insurance policy that they do not cover comprehensive on a vehicle over 15 years old. And it was my fault that I failed to understand that when I told them during the set-up procedure that I wanted "the most coverage possible" well that's what I got! I won't name names but the spokes person may or may not be a man dressed up in a lizard costume

That's the highlights of it:flame:

After all of this and paying my insurance company 1,100 dollars...They wouldn't cover a dime because it didn't have any damage from an "accident". They didn't bother telling me when I set up this insurance policy that they do not cover comprehensive on a vehicle over 15 years old. And it was my fault that I failed to understand that when I told them during the set-up procedure that I wanted "the most coverage possible" well that's what I got! I won't name names but the spokes person may or may not be a man dressed up in a lizard costume
I have them and my policy options include that. Actually they tried to discourage me from getting that option a couple of times but they let you get it

I had my rear plate stolen / ripped off the other day, and on christmas our house got egged.

For now the XJ is staying in the garage at night and i am working on setting up a camera to monitor the driveway... (just need to run some networking cable for the network camera)

I hope to catch whoever is XXXXing with our shit!

Twice for me.

Once when I went up to Washington for a week, I left it parked in the front of my house. We were having a retaining wall built around and I think the stupid construction workers broke into it. They got my stereo and my tools, but left my $250 brand new skateboard...

Second time was in my Churches parking lot. Went to church and left my window a little down, then we went to lunch afterwards but took someone elses car. Got back and noticed my Sat radio was a little crooked and started looking around. I had my fiance' and her little brothers with me so I had to try and control my temper. They got some power tools, CD's, a box with a really old key given to me from my Fiance'. Too Stupid to realize all you have to do is unplug the radio and it comes right out.

I hate theifs...

Back