• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

land rover seats?

give it a try and let us know how it goes

i found some nice leather land rover front seats with grab handles at the junkyard today. has anybody ever mounted these in an xj? just curious if it would be a relatively easy swap.

i seriously doubt it a direct swap. you will need to find a way to mount the xj seat bracket to the land rover seat. if you dont swap brackets, than you have find a way to make the land rover bracket mount to the xj floor. the contour of the bracket might be different.

are you able to weld? if you can weld, than you can probably modify the xj bracket to work with the land rover seats.

searching through threads and i was thinking of swapping for land rover seats. our junk yard has to land rovers... another thing i was thinking of doing was chopping the top of a discovery and putting it on my xj...then i would have two sunroofs and those cool curved windows. the only problem i see is that the discovery roof is 4inches wider than my xj...

anyway, i'd like to put the seats in atleast.

searching through threads and i was thinking of swapping for land rover seats. our junk yard has to land rovers... another thing i was thinking of doing was chopping the top of a discovery and putting it on my xj...then i would have two sunroofs and those cool curved windows. the only problem i see is that the discovery roof is 4inches wider than my xj...
the roof is probably aluminum as well, meaning no welding in to the XJ. those things leak bad too

any seat can fit if it is narrow enough. look at the xj seat base to see the available space. very small.

The Series 1, 11, 111 and Defender style have aluminum bodies on steel ladder frame chassis. Pop rivets were used on the aluminum bodies. The Range Rover and Discovery have steel bodies. Until recently these models had a separate chassis now they are unibody.

Actually, I'm not entirely certain that they are a true unibody as I think they use subframes.

Back