• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help: Where is source for voltage gauge...

AZRuss

NAXJA Forum User
Looks like my voltage drop problems reflected by my battery voltage gauge are due to the gauge itself. When running the car (91 Limited) it reads nearly 14v on the gauge. As I turn on the headlights, stereo, & A/C the voltage gauge drops to about 12v; however, the voltage across the battery still reads 14v. This problem just started a few weeks ago and the gauge used to hold at just under the 14v tick mark.

Can anyone get me a circuit diagram of the gauge cluster (specifically the voltage gauge)? Or can someone tell me where the source is for the gauge?

Thanks,
Russ

You may have a bad connection causing the false reading also, you need to measure now where the voltmeter takes it measurements. Be sure to clean all ground connections also.
The path is From your IGN. SW yel wire, to the gauge fuse. to the voltmeter Wht-T and back to ground, BLK wire, found on driver side fender by air box.

Last edited:
Clean the ground connection for the gauge cluster, or just run a separate ground. That should make a difference.

Back