• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: Stock track bar and axle side bracket, steering box (Mid-TN)

eyebeatbadgers

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

Long time reader, first time begger. I drive a 94 XJ that's got a nasty case of the death wobbles. I've replaced the track bar bushing, tie rod ends, sway bar links (unrelated issue, but seemed to help a bit). Alignment was done last week, the guy who did it said the steering box was worn out and he wouldn't be able to get a good alignment until I replaced it. I adjusted the slop out of the steering box, and steering feel increased, death wobble persisted, alignment feels fine.

Here's the deal, I still get death wobble when I hit a bump with the right tire at 65+ mph. I'm looking for a solid steering box, and track bar. Whilst removing the original track bar, I fubar'd the axle bracket. I'd like to know if anyone in the Nashville area could fabricate an axle side track bar bracket for me. I could draw up some spec's if needed, I just don't have the material to do so. Willing to travel within middle TN, and pay you in pesos or cold beer.

just a thought, but have you checked the "brace/spacer" between the steering box and frame? If i'm not mistaken, they commonly break or crumble, as they are some type of alloy?
...it's a PITA, i know, cause i found mine broken, after finding a broken bolt in my steering box!

I haven't looked at the spacer between the box and frame, didn't even occur to me that it could be broken/half missing. I have dug through a bunch of xj/zj bodies at PAP, and found nothing but boxes in worse shape than mine there unfortunately. I'll probably bite the bullet and buy a reman from NAPA Friday if nothing turns up before then, and my spacer is in one piece.

Back