• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Intro

black89xj

NAXJA Forum User
Greetings, first time here, not to wheelin' in my xj or around Naches. sam88 got me to go to the NWFest so I'd thought I'd put a post in here.

Never been to this area before, I've done most of my wheelin' up at Cleaman Mtn. Thats on the way to the NW Fest area, just past the Wye of SR410 and 12. I also have been to the JJUSA Silver Valley Jam several times and I am going again this year two weeks after the NW Fest.

Bethel Ridge above Rimrock Lake is another place I have gone. Havent in a while tho. Also have been around the tri-cities area, just was at an area outside of Finley today. I have also been to Juniper Dunes outside of Pasco but dont recommend it.

I tried the Rubicon from the Lake Tahoe side a month ago but got stopped due to snow.

I'll put up a photo or two of mine and link it.

My rig is a 89 XJ, 2-door, black Laredo, 4.0L, auto, air, all the fixin's. 300,000 miles on the clock. Everything on it works.

Mods are few: I run Cooper AT 235/75-15's on stock wheels.

2" budget lift, front sway bar disconnects. Terraflex jobs with "Priest River Modifications". Skyjacker lower control arms. Official Mopar front tow hooks w/replacement bumper mount. Rear class III reciever hitch. Replacement radio. CB radio. Fire Extinguisher. Jumper cables. Four-way. First aid kit. Mag-lite. Leatherman Tool. well, you get the picture....

cant wait to join you all up there.

FWIW, I have an open seat and if someone in Yakima or Tri-cities needs a ride I can at least offer one to them esp if their jeep isnt cooperating. I know what that is like all_too_well.

I am planning on leaving town that friday after work and camping up there. If someone wants to ride with me, I think I know where it is. They can meet me at the Hanford Yakima Barricade around 4:00pm and we will go from there.

--Karl (black89xj)

Karl,
Welcome to the group,
There should be a great turn out of people and XJ's. look forward to meeting you. There should be a reasonably large group of XJ's at Kaner flats on Friday evening, so before you set up camp try to look for others in the area.

Look forward to a great weekend!!
Michael

Back