• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Northwest Fest 2005 info

XJourney

NAXJA Forum User
Northwest Fest 2005 will be held July 16-17 2005 in Naches Washington. This event has trail runs for everyone from bone stock to full tube chassis rigs. It will be family friendly event.

It will be open to all XJ/MJ owners ( member or not), and any other vehicles (CJs, Broncos, etc) with member invitation.

Participants must be 18 years of age or have a "permission slip" from parent or guardian (including passengers).

All in attendiance must sign a liability waiver, including passengers.

All vehicles must have:
Registration
Insurance
Front Tow Points
Rear Tow Points
Recovery Strap
Fire Extinguisher
First Aid Kit
Spare Tire
Lug Nuts – All Installed
Lug Wrench
Jack
CB-VERY HIGHLY SUGGESTED
Other items are optional, but tools, spare parts, etc are encouraged.

We need to form an Event Committee which consists of:
EVENT COORDINATOR- oversees event as a whole
MEAL COORDINATOR- organizes the group meal on Saturday evening
TRAIL COORDINATOR- picks trail leaders and organizes the runs
PM me if your interested in any of these postions, you will be working directly with the BOD.

There will be camping as well as a hotel for those inclined. We are going to try and get a group site, but may end up doing individual campsites at Kaner Flats Campground.

We will have a large dinner Saturday night either chapter provided or potluck.

There will also be a raffle(s): details to be announced later.

Price to attend is yet to be determined

I hope that you all will have a chance to come out and put faces to the names, oh and wheel together. I guarantee a great time.

Thank You

Hans

Northwest Chapter President

You sure on that permission slip thingy? I remember I wanted to go last year but I wasn't old enough as they said no permission slips after all. Just checking :D No stopping me this year :eek:

Actually I just cut and pasted that. But I think it is a good thing, NWC doesn't need a lawsuit.

Hans

Well I meant are you sure the permission slip works, because last year I was gonna do the same thing but because I was under 18 they decided regardless if I had a permission slip I couldn't attend, atleast as a driver.

jeepkid2000 said:
just curious as to what the trails are like i.e. deep water, mud rocks, stumps, etc.

Depends on what time of the year really. But around that time i would expect very loose powder dirt and tree roots, occasional stumbs on Naches Pass. And at The Funny/Moon rocks, well, rocks. Something similar to moab slickrock i've told. Volcanic pumice type. With the small amount of snowfall this year I would guess there's not going to be much if any mud.

Your 2 biggest challenges will be trees and very dry dusty trails, so dusty in fact that i would recommend bringing a cleaning kit for those of you running washable air filters. I would also recommend having some dust mask's on hand for small children, or anyone with breathing problems/asthma. And bring alot of water.
I will be bringing a 6gal can with fresh water plus a cooler full of bottle water.

Has anyone checked with the forest service to see what the're predictions are for that time to see if we can even do this? They have in the past closed all trails due to extremely dry conditions. This year will be worse than most and they may close the trails by then. Everyone should plan on bringing food that does not require much if any heating, as open flame may be banned.

Dingo

Dingo509 said:
Depends on what time of the year really. But around that time i would expect very loose powder dirt and tree roots, occasional stumbs on Naches Pass. And at The Funny/Moon rocks, well, rocks. Something similar to moab slickrock i've told. Volcanic pumice type. With the small amount of snowfall this year I would guess there's not going to be much if any mud.

Your 2 biggest challenges will be trees and very dry dusty trails, so dusty in fact that i would recommend bringing a cleaning kit for those of you running washable air filters. I would also recommend having some dust mask's on hand for small children, or anyone with breathing problems/asthma. And bring alot of water.
I will be bringing a 6gal can with fresh water plus a cooler full of bottle water.

Has anyone checked with the forest service to see what the're predictions are for that time to see if we can even do this? They have in the past closed all trails due to extremely dry conditions. This year will be worse than most and they may close the trails by then. Everyone should plan on bringing food that does not require much if any heating, as open flame may be banned.

Dingo

Yes most of that was discussed at our meeting. Too soon to say whether there will be trail closesures. Hopefully this recent snow fall has help the dry situation. As far as heating food, George Foreman and a power inverter sounds like the ticket. Also bring lots of drinking water. About the dust, thank goodness I have a roof, doors and AC :laugh3: I didn't have too much of a dust problem last year.

Hans, I need more details. To determine what days Danielle and I need to take off of work.

What time do the Festivities start on Saturday. What time should things rap up on Sunday?

Thanks
Jason

We will have a 9:00am drivers meeting on Saturday and Sunday. Sunday we have to be out of the campground by noon. So it is really up to you how long you want to wheel on Sunday.

Hans

K. Thanks. We are trying to figure out if we should stay in Yakima until Monday or just plan on leaving Sunday night.

Thanks
Jason

I think I'll make it. As far as the trails go... Are they really tight? I have full widths and I'm kind of skeptical of taking time off if the trails will be too tight to fit through.

I would think that you would be fine.
Howard where are you? He is the man to ask.

Hans

ECKSJAY said:
Maybe we should get a member/guest ratio count going?

Im in for me and probably one passenger and probably one extra vehicle with 2 people total.

BTW what is this going to cost for registartion and all?

Dingo

ECKSJAY said:
Maybe we should get a member/guest ratio count going?

Yea I will start an "OFFICAL" Member/GUEST head count. :laugh3:

We are still setting Registration Pricing. I will have the final prices May 15 :wave:

Hans

Last edited:
Hans, et al;

I will be coming. What my classification is I have no idea. Haven't heard anything yet on my membership, check was mailed on 5/18/05 for $45 (which according to the membership thing was the amount for two years). I guess if I have not received anything by then in spite of two emails to membership and a PM to the big kahuna, I will pay the special event plus one year membership thing for $45 at the NWFest, and then after that try and get my mailed in check applied to a 2nd and 3rd year.................... ?????? So anyway, I guess at that point then I would count as a member, and be able to bring a guest vehicle along if I can talk them into it. I will let you know asap on the guests.

Sam

Back