• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A few of my pics...

lesslimited

Official MWC Brewmeister
NAXJA Member
Got home Thursday afternoon after a relatively uneventful drive home. Except for my vacuum pump in the van going out somewhere near Omaha, leaving me with no power brakes!

Managed to sort through my pics and get some uploaded in between unloading the van, doing laundry, going through the mail, etc.

Of all the times I've been to Moab, this was definitely one of the best. Had a good group of my MWC buds there, got to see a bunch of old friends after 5 years or more, and met a bunch of new friends that I'll look forward to seeing next time.

Since the wife didn't go with this time, and we don't have a Hawaii trip planned for next year, I'm thinking it looks pretty good for us to go next year, as long as business stays decent for me.

The trip out there was interesting, torrential downpours in Iowa, then strong diagonal winds in Nebraska, topped off by icy and slushy roads from the Eisenhower tunnel most of the way to Vail.

Good thing I washed the van, trailer, and jeep before I left...

Sunday's Chicken Corners run, thanks for leading, Richard.

"Smile, Dan"
"I've been smiling since I got here"

John actually was wearing pants, not sure why Dan felt the need to put his hand in front of the camera :D

Last edited:
This was the real Chicken Corner, as half our group elected not to walk the ledge.

Some fun with the 26x zoom...

Another group shot

Mondays Pickle run, thanks to Thom for leading.

Josh on the first obstacle...

Thom leaning on the rock

Josh on the non-body-damage line

Uh-oh, never a good thing when the instruction manual comes out...

John B

Dennis

Josh

Tuesday Seven Mile Rim, thanks Josh, for leading.

The optional shelf road...

great views

Group shot below Merrimac butte

Josh and Jeff on Wipeout Hill

Hey John, Great Pics. Sandy and I had a great trip too. 2 weeks off and the Grand Cherokee towed the XJ 3726 miles without any problems. That helps make a great trip along with all the old folks we got to wheel with and all the new people we met. That great beer that you brew doesn't hurt either. Great to see you there. Funny how we drive 27 hours to see people that only live a few hours from each other. Must be a Jeep Thing.
John B.
Ls1XJ

Hey John, Great Pics. Sandy and I had a great trip too. 2 weeks off and the Grand Cherokee towed the XJ 3726 miles without any problems. That helps make a great trip along with all the old folks we got to wheel with and all the new people we met. That great beer that you brew doesn't hurt either. Great to see you there. Funny how we drive 27 hours to see people that only live a few hours from each other. Must be a Jeep Thing.
John B.
Ls1XJ

Every time I see your jeep, I realize I'm still in love with it! You planning on winterfest this year?

Wednesday Pritchett Canyon run. Big thanks to Wayne for leading, there is no one I have more confidence in as a spotter.

Pat and Mac

Wayne

Parker, ready to rock...

Thom heading up

Pat getting tipsy

Mac

Josh

Dustin

Me - thanks to John B for the pics

Wheeler Dan

John B making it look easy

Pat getting tipsy again

Mac

Josh

Where Wayne's steering box decided to parts ways with his jeep...

And back in action, on Rocker Knocker

Spencer

Parker

Pat

Thom

Mac

Wheeler Dan

Josh

Dustin

Me

John B

Pat

Wheeler Dan

Dustin

At the top

Thursday I had planned to lead an informal MWC run of Poison Spider/Golden Spike/ Gold Bar Rim. Between the rain and the reality that some of our group would need to be back early for the Show-n-Shine, we skipped that and Ryan led some of us in from Gold Bar Rim to the Golden Crack.

Gold Bar overlook

Since Ryan needed to be back early, some of us headed back out from Double Whammy while Dan led the rest to the Crack

Friday's Moab Rim run...

Great views from the top...

And heading back down...

Every time I see your jeep, I realize I'm still in love with it! You planning on winterfest this year?

I always try and plan on it but you know how that goes, plans change. Last year we were in Arizona that week and it might happen again, not sure but time will tell. I hope to make it make out to Rausch Creek for the NACfest in June,

Does it really make that much difference to have a bunch of guys holding onto a strap? What does that accomplish?

I always try and plan on it but you know how that goes, plans change. Last year we were in Arizona that week and it might happen again, not sure but time will tell. I hope to make it make out to Rausch Creek for the NACfest in June,

Well I can't blame you for going to AZ during that time of year! I just always plan on winterfest since its 2 hours away from me. I thought about Rausch Creek but we'll see how that goes.

Does it really make that much difference to have a bunch of guys holding onto a strap? What does that accomplish?

From what I've noticed Dirk, sometimes you need just a little bit more grip because you're pretty much defying gravity at that point. The traction is phenominal but on those obstacles, the pictures do ZERO justice of how ridiculous they actually are.

A lot easier to do that than winch someone back upright after they flop. The only line on that obstacle balances you right on the edge. Some rigs need it more than others. The one year we didn't strap, the rig that flopped wasn't particularly tall either.

Add the loose hillside footing to the mix, and all those guys probably equal two on level ground.

Last edited:
Back