• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Charouleau Gap maybe Rice Peak 12-4-11

akelts

NAXJA Forum User
This will be a pretty informal event. A few of Dianas coworkers and maybe a few of mine who have Jeeps are planning on running the Gap on December the 4th. We are going to meet at the Valero gas station in front of Bashas at the intersection of Golder Ranch Rd and Oracle Road in Catalina at about 9am.

The Gap is now stock cherokee friendly thanks to the forest service, but it should be a nice scenic ride. After the Gap we may try Rice Peak up by Oracle if time allows. Rice Peak is a bit more challenging, but stock Cherokees with decent tires should be able to do it. There is some brush so you may pick up some pinstriping. Probably want to pack a lunch.

Yea made that run early in the year while it snowed and it was a blast. Just got to get my winter doors on first

If it's not raining in the morning , I should be there . I didn't realize that wheeling in the snow was my favorite thing in the world untill after permanently removing my doors :dunce:

Back