• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chivo Falls Feb. 19

gimike812

NAXJA Forum User
Chivo Falls run Saturday Feb. 19 Meet at the Circle K 7:30 on the road By 8:00.

Tobi or Brian Looking for some one to take the lead on this please.

Every one get your rigs fixed and lets get out for some fun.

I think I can make this. I have no problem leading this if needed. My buggy does NOT do the street so I will be hauling up to either the 1st or 2nd staging area to drop the truck and trailer so I can pick up the rest of the group from there. I will just pull out from the Circle K earlier than the rest to give myself enough time to unload and be ready to pick up when you guys roll the dirt.

Dang Tobi, you have WAY to much going on in your life. Its time to GET YOUR PRIORITEEEZZ STRAIGHT and get out there wheelin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOL

Sorry tobi. When we were talking it soundes like most every one was free that weekend. I know a couple people said they had things going on the weekend after that.

Hey Brian I can get everyone from the circle K to the staging area so we can catch you on the way. Are you thinking of doing just chivo falls or the falls and loop back and catch chimney rock as well?

Who else is up for the run? So far I have Myself, Brian, Tyler, a buddy of mine in his JK. Any one else?

Sorry tobi. When we were talking it soundes like most every one was free that weekend. I know a couple people said they had things going on the weekend after that.

Hey Brian I can get everyone from the circle K to the staging area so we can catch you on the way. Are you thinking of doing just chivo falls or the falls and loop back and catch chimney rock as well?

Who else is up for the run? So far I have Myself, Brian, Tyler, a buddy of mine in his JK. Any one else?

Will I be able to run it with open diffs without having to be winched up a bunch? I know that most of the rigs that are going are a little more "built" than mine. Where is the location of the Circle K?

I appreciate that man, it takes me just a few minutes to drop from the trailer and I am already aired down so that should be easy.
As far as the open open question, you should be OK but Tow points are highly recommended just in case.
Plan was to just go to Chivo and hang and then back up through 3 feathers. I suppose we can run up to Chimney also if we have time, its up to you guys.

On the left side on tanque Verde before reddington...can't miss it. You coming Aaron?

Unless something comes up we'll be there. Gotta get some wheeling in before the wife is pregnant or its too darn hot to do anything.

I have good tow points front and rear just in case.

Sorry Aaron I kinda forgot some people dont know where the Circle K is. As Tyler said Tanque Verde RD past Houghton RD on the North side on the road before you get to Reddington RD.

Brian I think to the falls and back thru Three Feathers will be great for us all seeing as this is will end up being a shake down run on a few peoples rigs.

Sounds like a plan. Coming back up 3 feathers can be interesting with open open rigs and REALLY give the noob drivers a chance to learn there rigs and how to make there rigs work well AS THEY ARE!!! I always enjoy guiding noobs and anybody willing to listen and learn. Once we are done then if there is time and interest we can haul over to Chimney, its about a 20 minute trek from the staging area and play around. As Tyler can atest to its a FUN place to go and just explore lines and have fun.

Unless something comes up we'll be there. Gotta get some wheeling in before the wife is pregnant or its too darn hot to do anything.

The wife or the weather?

Going to TM with the CG boys, Let me know if the falls are still running.

Last edited:
Hey brian I may come and play. Can't remember if I've seen the yada yada in action yet. An xj doesn't need a locker to wheel chiva, but if you don't disconnect the front swaybar then you won't make it. And then you'll have to get a tug from a yada yada which is despicable. It's that simple.
tipshades.gif

Awesome I have been meaning to call you but I have been working a lot and now I am on vacation. It will be good to wheel with you again.

Back