• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Firestone Destination MT

good stuff have a buddy (Shortxjdoug) that has some in the 31 flavor they work really good he wheeled them hard no problems. i would use them if i had a chance

I had 235's when I first got my XJ, and they were great to get started in wheeling. The only problem I had, was I chunked a few lugs out. They seem to be a slightly harder compound. Overall I liked them though.

jdbwrx said:
I had 235's when I first got my XJ, and they were great to get started in wheeling. The only problem I had, was I chunked a few lugs out. They seem to be a slightly harder compound. Overall I liked them though.

How were they on the road as far noise level and in the snow and ice?

TheBlackSheep said:
good stuff have a buddy (Shortxjdoug) that has some in the 31 flavor they work really good he wheeled them hard no problems. i would use them if i had a chance

hell yeah these tires kick ass. im rollin on some 31's that have over 25k on them and they dont look a day old, great traction in the dirt mud and rocks, just an awesome all around tire great great great street wear i have left them where they are for about 6k without a rotation and the fronts still are just barely cupping (hard to notice unless you feel them) as far as noise they are comfortable to me, of course i used to run a directional tire as a DD and they were loud as sh*t, wet traction is really good too especially for an MT. the drawback is that they are a little more expensive than your average tire but you definently get what you pay for with these meats

shortxjdoug said:
hell yeah these tires kick ass. im rollin on some 31's that have over 25k on them and they dont look a day old, great traction in the dirt mud and rocks, just an awesome all around tire great great great street wear i have left them where they are for about 6k without a rotation and the fronts still are just barely cupping (hard to notice unless you feel them). the drawback is that they are a little more expensive than your average tire but you definently get what you pay for with these meats

How were they on the road in the snow and ice?

I didn't own them long enough to drive them in snow/ice! I upgraded to 31's before the summer was over and got a different brand (currently on 33 BFG MT's). As for the noise, I didn't think they were too bad.

00XJFAN said:
How were they on the road in the snow and ice?

check the location, the last time i saw snow and ice was about 2 years ago :D i would imagine they are as decent as an MT could be they are stellar everywhere else

I have been running these in 33s. They have been a great tire, but like jbdwrx, I too have ripped a few lugs off. I have been impressed with the sidewall stregnth considering they are radials. They arn't too loud on the road, quieter than a lot of MTs. They do scream for a while after they are rotated though!
As far as traction, they do good in mud and rocks. They arn't too bad in snow, and just about suck in ice, but this is very common for a mud tire. They have no siping, but are drilled for studs if you do a lot of winter driving.
All in all I've been happy with them. If they made them in 35s I'd consider getting them again.

I checked into these also when I was shopping for tires. The local firestone stores here wanted $189.00 a peice for 31's plus the usual charge for mounting, balancing, disposal, etc. I just laughed my way out the door. Needless to say, I went with something different.

im ruining the brigestone dueler m/t its a very very simaler tire just a different name on the side for the most part being that bridgestone and Firestone are one in the same corporation i have about 65k on mine and there just under 45% they were very nice do chunk a bit but a super quite on the highway i live them i would for sure buy them again

i had them on my CJ-7 about two years ago, they came with the jeep when i bought

in the snow and mud they did great

on street they were pretty good in snow rain and they werent to loud either

i swapped them for mud rovers cuz im poor

Yeah i used to work at firestone and got the 33's and put them on 15x8 steel rims. Very good tire. i beat the shit out of them on and off road and they wear pretty good. the only bad thing is the lugs will comw off if you really abuse the tires like i did. Don't face the white letters out, it looks gay. The 33's are $220 a tire but as an employee i get 50% off tires so I got a great deal on them, haha! so for all four 33's I paid about $550!

its a general rule of thumb that if you air down any tire it will be easier on the lugs, my firestones have been run at around 7-10 psi on the trail and i haven't had a problem chunking lugs

I run mine aired down as well, but still have a couple chunks gone thanks to the rock garden at Crawfords and our local clubs trail.
I paid about $600 for all 4 mounted and balanced. Our local Firestone price matches, and actually ended up matching the price of Dunlop MTs from their local competitor!

I've had mine for the last 2 years and am VERY pleased with them. If I could change one thing though, I would sipe them. If you have the means, take them down and either get them siped, or sipe them yourself. (I used a razor blade and 4 cuts on each center block)

John

I have a buddy in Washington that runs 33x12.5. When I went anywhere with him they did real well. He never complained about road noise. Myself I love the sound of MTs humming. If it gets to loud I just crank the tunes. They are huge tires too for what sizes they come in. His 33s looked like 34s, plus wide.

Back