• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gauging interest in tour of Ray Mine

April is coming up :eyes:

I have been giddy about this for months now.

Heard that you were a rockhound....we dont have anything great exposed right now, but what we do have is better than 90% of what you will find digging out in the desert.

How does Saturday the 21st @ 9am work for everyone??

If no one has anything planned I will clear it with my boss this week.

Yeah, me and the wife are Geologists by school and have both done Environmental Consulting work.

We went ahead and put this date on our calendar.

Yeah, me and the wife are Geologists by school and have both done Environmental Consulting work.

We went ahead and put this date on our calendar.

Good to know. Geos are good people.

The wife and I went both graduated with geology degrees, but she is now an environmental engineer with a mine south of Tucson.

Naw, just poor humor and no quotes or smilies.

I'm stoked to go though. You said that there will be collecting opportunities? I'll make sure to bring my wheelbarrow :D

We are on for next Saturday the 21st at 9am. I can only bring six people along so let me know if your not able to make it.

A few things:
We will supply you with safety glasses and hardhats.
If you own a pair of steel-toed boots, bring em'. If not, wear sturdy shoes and the gaurds will give you some slip on toe protectors (they are classy!)
No shorts or sleeveless Tees allowed.
Please park at the main gate at the mine entrance. I will meet you all there with a van for the tour. We will have to get you all signed in before we enter the property.

The mine is about 20 minutes south of superior on highway 177 near mile post 152.

Anyone else want to join....have space for two more. Just let me know before 3pm Friday.

Back