• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NC Big Sweep Oct 5

Cnickgo

Do you need assistance?
"Hi Everyone – The Uwharrie National Forest is the hosting and organizing agency for the NC Big Sweep for Montgomery County and this year’s event will be on Saturday, October 5, 2013! I have attached the flyer for this year’s event. If any of you have children that need volunteer hours or you would like to volunteer more of your time to help clean up the Uwharrie National Forest this is a great opportunity. We’ll be meeting at King’s Mountain Point at 9 am at the picnic shelter and picking up trash until noon. I know many of you volunteer throughout the year across the Uwharrie National Forest and we really appreciate it (especially me). I have been contacted by some of you already and you’ve let me know that you’re going to be there and that is fantastic. If any of you have any questions feel free to contact me.

I am hoping that we can clean up several sections of the Badin Lake shoreline and along the Badin Lake Trail and that depends on how many folks are able to come. We’ll be cleaning up the area the weekend before the Uwharrie Mountain Fest. If you know you are going to come please send me an email or call me to let me know so I can get a rough headcount for our supplies. We do have enough trash bags and about 30 pairs of work gloves. If you have work gloves then you probably should bring them so that we do have enough to go around. We’ll be providing water and some snacks for participants and we have NC Big Sweep Patches and other Uwharrie NF volunteer gifts until supplies run out."

Back