• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Plug wires

tireroastin93XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I need to replace the plug wires on my 93 XJ. I called the dealership and they want $30 for regular stock wires. I've read several posts before with people talking about Mopar high performance wires. I asked the dealership if they could get them and they didn't show anything for them so they told me they couldn't get them. Where can I get them? I would rather have the performance wires over stock, especially if there will be an advantage to having them.

Mike Harris

I have the dealer wires on my 88 XJ, they work great. I also got the cap, rotor and plugs from the dealer. I have lost confidence in the bosch name except for fuel injectors. I know you can pay more at the big box parts stores for wires which may have better performance.

All I know is my 88 XJ runs will with dealer ignition parts, I did not ask about the high performance wires when I got mine'; however, Dealer wires for $30 is a bargain in my book!

martin said:
I have the dealer wires on my 88 XJ, they work great. I also got the cap, rotor and plugs from the dealer. I have lost confidence in the bosch name except for fuel injectors. I know you can pay more at the big box parts stores for wires which may have better performance.

All I know is my 88 XJ runs will with dealer ignition parts, I did not ask about the high performance wires when I got mine'; however, Dealer wires for $30 is a bargain in my book!

Thanks, I'm trying to decide between dealer wires and iginition parts or the Firepower ignition kit. It's run well since 93 with the oem parts so I know how they work. Guess I'll post in modified about the Firepower kit and get some feedback on them. Thanks again.
Mike Harris

Back