• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Napier Flairs installed....

unhitched

NAXJA Forum User
I am all excited i got my flairs installed today, i was on the fence about them but now that i have them installed i think i like them....

Pre Trim
insalled35s-no%20trim.JPG

post trim
09102011104smal.jpg

Fenders Installed
09122011105smal.jpg

thanks again jeeperjohn for helping me trim!

the front fender armor is not necessary i suppose but i had a pretty good dent where i clipped my passenger front on a tree a couple weeks back on the Rubicon, conveniently removing the factory flair, and they covered it up very nicely. Also when i trimmed the fenders the THOR front armor made for a very nice guide. It is only 16 gauge so it was easy to drill through, the JCR upper quarter panel armor was a bit more of a chore, i just used a hair bigger bit b/c the sell tapping screws had a bit of time self tapping in the 1/4" plate.

Personally, I think it looked better in the picture with the JCR guards, and no fender flares.

Jeep looks good though.

Where to purchase ?

are those flairs flexible? or hard like bushcrackers?

They're made from the same basic material as bushwacker cut out flares for the XJ, ABS Plastic, which is rigid. With one major difference, our fender flares use much thicker ABS. On our website there's a pict of one of the fender flares with my XJ parked on top of it. I don't think BW cut out flares can do that!

I think I have one of the original prototype sets Doug made. I've had a lot of experience beating the crap out of these and highly recommend them. I've wheeled hard with my rig and caught my LTB's on them quite a few times. They are hard, but do flex.

I was trying to find a video of me going through a trail where the front went into a hole while the wheel is turned and the tread grabbed the edge of the flare and you hear the flare flex 2-3 times as the lugs pass, but it never broke the flare. I was sold on the toughness when I saw that video.

Also, I've found them very easy to modify. I've since done the cut & fold in the rear, and yes Doug is offering these now if you've already had it done, but in my case I figured I'd see how they cut and found it quite easy to cut, use a body rasp on or file to finish them, then put the trim on.

I've painted them 2-3 times and sanded the scratches out of them from hard rubs on rocks or trees and that too was pretty quick and easy.

Another thing that happened after I bought these was installing my 2x6 sliders. I modified the flares to fit those and it was simple to do as well.

Anyway, enough blabbering, just thought I'd voice my opinion to anyone who is considering these. I'll keep looking for that video clip and add it to this thread when I find it.

Here's the clip:

Last edited:
Back