• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For those NOT attending NWF (like me...)

mopar440

NAXJA Forum User
Making day run to TSF this Sat... leaving Pilot Gas in Brooks @ 7:30, eta Roger's around 9... have three or four rigs lined up so far, the more the merrier! And, depending on weather, may camp overnight...

Not a whole lot, just that some of the guys not going due to time/money constraints might want to go do something this weekend ;-) Would really like to go to NWF, but I'm in the above-mentioned category... but by no means am I trying to alienate/exclude anyone... if you are attending NWF, and can/want to go play this weekend, by all means, come on out! I just kinda noticed that for the past couple months, there have not been many posts abouty weekend/day trips... figured alot of guys are saving time/money for NWF, and with things being the way they are, it makes sense... hope that sorta clears the air!

In retrospect, the title to my post does seem kinda harsh... not my intent!:roll:

I might be down. I need a test run. If I can't get my switches for the massive light isntal project this weekend I COULD join.

Making day run to TSF this Sat... leaving Pilot Gas in Brooks @ 7:30, eta Roger's around 9... have three or four rigs lined up so far, the more the merrier! And, depending on weather, may camp overnight...

Wish I could join you, but I have plans for the weekend.

I don't know if you guys have a route planned yet, but if you happen to be near Saddle Up, try and see what type of shape it's in. I can only imagine what the heavy rain has been doing to it.

Wish I could join you, but I have plans for the weekend.

I don't know if you guys have a route planned yet, but if you happen to be near Saddle Up, try and see what type of shape it's in. I can only imagine what the heavy rain has been doing to it.

Wilco, El Presidente!

Nice day yesterday! Started near Jordan Creek, hit Archer's from the west side, then did Rocky Uphill, hopped over to Hogsback, backside of 7-Up, Airplane hill and then Saddle Up... I stayed out of Airplane Hill, but did climb Saddle Up in the XJ! WOOHOO!!! Learned alot about "brake-biasing" for traction, and took a few stabs, but got up without assistance! Was hella-pleased w/my little XJ... and finally the lower section of FB5, again with no tugs or assists... forgot all about applying brakes to send torque to the wheel with traction! Word to the wise... try it, for those of us not yet locked up... works, just need to practice it some!

Saddle Up is in very good shape, Dustin! Looks like our watershed work did the job!

Last edited:
and finally the lower section of FB5, again with no tugs or assists...!

dont tell me u got round the rock of doom?!?:worship:

i tried all the lines i could find the last 2times ended with awsome fail both times... now im gelious.

caugh caugh Bastardo caugh....

Bronze.

Yep... left side was pretty tore to shreds, and had lots of logs/rocks from poeple stacking, but right side worked, after a few stabs! The whole "brake-biasing" thing works well! Thinking of setting up two e-brake levers, like sand rail turning brakes... hmmm....

lol that would be fun. memorial day i made it up the left side unassisted. took a bit but i did. the next day i attemped it agian...... epic fail :(. shoulda tried the right side

Back