• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BigNuge’s 99 XJ

Ok, so I got under the XJ tonight to check on a few clunks and noises I was hearing after our wheeling last weekend.

Found the ball joint end of the lower control arms turned and contacting the mount. Straightened them and cranked the jamb nuts super tight.

I was getting a little rattling noise when in gear today when I took it out of the shop (to go vote). That noise sort of went away as I drove down the road, but I could still hear it at a stop (in gear). I know I tightened the torque converter bolts good, so I don’t think it’s that....we shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got out for some more snow wheeling and exploring.

6c694d54845ac931213b1a54eebb655b.jpg
96e33762d87f8f0073e0c76f476baa20.jpg
f360223c24c5f420c49762d26fcc31d0.jpg
a0b04279299bdb3675a3113fffa75919.jpg

Still getting some clunks under the front seats/floor area. It sounds like something BIG is loose and clunking against the floor frame on the front section of the XJ. I’ve checked everything several times, can’t find a single thing loose!

Also, it is driving terribly on the road now. The damn thing is all over the road once in get above 45. I must look like a drunken fool by everyone driving around me, I’m surprised I wasn’t stopped and checked for drunk driving! I am going to get it back to the Jeep shop I had align it, something is out of whack, it drove like crap now....

Nice build man, and the shop. How do you like those tires? I might pick up a set, but was worried about how they did in mud.

Nice build man, and the shop. How do you like those tires? I might pick up a set, but was worried about how they did in mud.

Nice work!

Thanks guys!

@moparmansfield, I like the tires a lot. I only have a few snow wheeling crawls on them, and one on a class IV road that was still frozen. I have gotten into a little bit of mud with them, and they pulled me through. I’m not going to be doing any serious mud running with this thing. I wanted tires that behaved well on the road, and were generally confident off road. These Falkens check those boxes off nicely IMHO.

Back