• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pissed off...

jpars

NAXJA Forum User
Now i am 18, and remember being but a freshman in high school, thinking practical jokes and sh*t was the greatest stuff on the face of the planet.

But when im driving down my nieghborhood road at 1:30 AM and see 4 little sh*ts breaking glass literally, ALL OVER the street, to the point i can see my headlights refelct back at me, trying to pop a tire (apparently thats freaking hilarious, especially when im driving on four 2week old brand new MTs), i freak out.

I loved doing funny crap- but i have never EVER been into damage to other people's things. Someone needs to teach little s***s like that a lesson.

Long story short, i had a friend in the car, im 6'2 250, playing college football next year and have been lifting weights nonstop for 7 months, and my friend is 6'1 180. I gunned the XJ up a small yard hill straight towards the bushes where these kids are hiding, put it in park, in this yard, got out and proceeded to scare the sh*t out of these kids (probably 14? 15?). Im not gonna sit here and say oh i was gonn abeat their ass, because i wasnt. But they probbaly had never recieved an oral assraping as bad as the one me and my friend gave them. I had them shitting thier pants. They then bolted into the house, so i proceeded to knock and inform their mother that if i caught them doing that again i would beat their face in. she, fuming (at the kids), asked for my name, and not wanting to get sued i told her that wasnt important, apologized for the jeep parked in her yard, swept off some glass and lightly drove away.

god just had to rant. since when is that the cool thing to do, try to pop a 650 dollar set of tires that i busted my ass at 8.50 an hour for? hopefully i gave them a little insight into how f**ked up that is.

(luckily i have a smittybilt front bumper- no liscene plate- so she didnt get anything on me that would come back to bite me in the ass)

Just out of pure curiousity, where was this at? I think I heard a call get dispatched that sounded vaguely familiar to that.

jpars said:
god just had to rant. since when is that the cool thing to do, try to pop a 650 dollar set of tires that i busted my ass at 8.50 an hour for? hopefully i gave them a little insight into how f**ked up that is.
Get road hazard warranty. It will be worth it in the long.

Must be some cheap ass tires to be hurt by glass.

I have never had, seen, or heard of glass damaging an off-road tire.
Next time work a few more hours an get the BFG's.

Oh....and well it may have done you good to threaten the mother with violence against her children....well...you know. Hope she did not get your plate.

Next time....just knock on the door without all the drama.

Rev

Rev Den said:
Must be some cheap ass tires to be hurt by glass.

I have never had, seen, or heard of glass damaging an off-road tire.
Next time work a few more hours an get the BFG's.

Oh....and well it may have done you good to threaten the mother with violence against her children....well...you know. Hope she did not get your plate.

Next time....just knock on the door without all the drama.

Rev

Ditto. The only way kids learn right from wrong is by occasionaly stretching the envelope. Most of us have done more than a few things that we shouldn't have while growing up. How old were the kids?

hmmmm sounds like the pricks around here except they have knives and guns so I get them back by drownin out their rap music with some nice classic rock or heavy metal.

and man Join NAXJA NOW

yardape said:
Ditto. The only way kids learn right from wrong is by occasionaly stretching the envelope. Most of us have done more than a few things that we shouldn't have while growing up. How old were the kids?

he said 14-15

IcedXJ said:
he said 14-15

Missed that. You're right and I must admit that is pretty old to be doing something that stupid and careless.

yardape said:
Missed that. You're right and I must admit that is pretty old to be doing something that stupid and careless.

Who the kids or him?

From what I understand a new set of tires will deflect almost anything, so if yours might have been cut they don't belong on the street let alone a trail.

All right, so it's undoubtedly true that Jpars overdid it somewhat in his approach, and that he probably could have gotten through the glass with his hefty Jeep tires, but I don't think we should slam him that hard for feeling some social responsibility and getting involved - something all too rare these days. Other tires might not fare as well as his, and 14-15 year old kids shouldn't be out at 1:30 am, much less smashing glass on the streets.

As Rev. Den says, next time just knock on the door and skip the threats (at least the ones in presence of parents).

Back in the middle of the last century I did that, and got caught just like you caught these kids. Lady made us sweep all the glass up and put it in cans. We were busting beer bottles found in a vacant lot onto the street. We thought they made cool army grenades. We were about 8 or 9 at the time.

While stationed in Spain, a friend of mine had to replace all four of his brand new Eagle GTs, after he drove his Grand Am down one of the streets after one of thier Mardi Gras type celebrations.
It was all glass.

Next time, bust some heads.

At first I thought you said these kids were braking glass windows in cars. I started wondering why everyone was siding with th damn rats. Never the less slashing tires isnt cool nor is having to pay someone to pick up the glass.

Tyler

Hey, Carnac, he said "MT".
Why do you assume he meant "MTr".
There's a ton of MTs out there.
He probably meant BFGs, anyway.

haha my tires did not pop, but i wasnt about to drive over it. literally covered the road in glass. i got a leaf and scraped back as much as i could off of it for all the less muscular cars that would likely pass by. And i gave the wrong impression on the mom- she was not mad at us at all. She was so pissed off at these damn kids (who im pretty sure were having a sleep over and snuck out) she couldnt keep it together. I just never wanted to hear of the event again so id idnt tell her anything about myself.

You should have seen those little F***s standing behind their mom shaking. And i dont think i am in any violent legal liability- as im 90% sure she beat the s**t out of them after we left

Last edited:
tires are Wild Country TXR's
If you dont live in a les schwab area (i.e. not in the west) you might not have ever seen them before.
I9ny1Vb2Fw6KOTTvyzNS0vhvKsCX.jpg

those are some bald ones

Last edited:
IcedXJ said:
and man Join NAXJA NOW

been meaning to (seriously).
however im playing college football next year, and will have...mmmmm......0 free time. So i wouldnt be active at all outside the web, and unfortunately will be in daily doubles while everyone else up here is at NW Fest.

But i have said many times how much i appreciate what this site has done for me- really single handedly inspired someone who knew not so much about cars into complete self maintenence and modification. All i knew is i wanted a jeep, we are a jeep family (cherokees long time ago, grand wagoneer that just recently sold, now liberty)- and i had a perfect 89 YJ with under 80k original miles available to only me for like 3000 bucks from out auto place. But in the end, and especially after finding this site, i knew i wanted an xj. So i would truly be more then happy to contribute, my only issue with it is that in reality, i wont have any time to participate in any events with other members. But i think i probably should anyways.

I actually bit the bullet once and flat out decided i was going to, got ready, then the form was broken.......and im in the middle of typing this and too lazy to search, so who do i PM again?

you may convert me

Back