• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ROCKTOBERFEST 2020! October 16-18!!

It'll be good to see you again, John.

I'm planning on rolling into camp on Thursday evening, myself.

I somehow sheared the drivers lower control arm off the axle driving on the highway, and I'm not going to be able to repair it in time. Lucky for you guys, now you won't have to see this ugly mug till next June.

Yeah, that's a bummer Tom. I trust nobody was hurt when that happened?

No, everyone is good. It really only affects the drivability at like 25-30. Feels like deathwobble but up and down instead of side to side. wildly unsafe but I drove it home anyways. Just got a welder so I have to learn how to use it and then reweld it on. Not super confident in my welding so I have to give it a REALLY good shakedown before I can be confident it's ready for a long trip.

Sounds like you have a plan, then. May as well go over the other three arms' mounts once you're ready to deal with the broken one, just to be sure that you don't get that fixed only to have the next one go immediately after...

Back