• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44 locker

Whatever the D44 can handle.

in the "sticky" above this forum is a thread done by crash. this is what he states............"Dana 44: 35's with a locker, 36's without a locker. You can super-fy this axle with 33 and 35 spline shafts now, but the pinion becomes the weak link. They are a fairly good axle for most duty, but housing rigidity can become an issue with larger tires and high speed romps. Their tubes are not much larger than a 35. You could go 37's with 35 spline shafts if you kept your foot out of the throttle."

I ran a lock-right on front and rear dana 44's. 36x12.50X15 TSL SX. No problems.

Oil Town XJ said:
I know what size of tires the dana 44 can handle, but I heard that some automatic lockers are only warrentied for 31" tires and I will be running 35's

I wonder how many do all the measuring and everything they expect to make the warranty valid any way. I know I never have. I figure if it fails I'll upgrade to a stouter locker any way. The carrier is probably going to fail before the locker.
I run 35" BFG MTs on an Aussie in the front 30. No problems yet. I have the true test coming up Feb. 25 on a pretty hard core run.I run a Detroit on my 44 though. I don't want to tear it up where the 30 destruction means upgrade time :)

Back