• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trails in Colorado

paul_xj04

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys im visiting my dads next summer and takin my jeep up there and i know that theres trails up there like a muther trucker and i want to know which ones are the best to hit ,the ones most people avoid cause there too hard and where are they at. i wanna visit avalanche ranch for sure. so if u guys can give me a taste of what they are and where that would be great and maybe next summer some of u can take me there.

Paul

paul_xj04 said:
hey guys im visiting my dads next summer and takin my jeep up there and i know that theres trails up there like a muther trucker and i want to know which ones are the best to hit ,the ones most people avoid cause there too hard and where are they at. i wanna visit avalanche ranch for sure. so if u guys can give me a taste of what they are and where that would be great and maybe next summer some of u can take me there.

Paul
What area are you planning to be in? What is your rig set up for? There are numerous trails with easy to extreme difficulty. A little more info about what kind of wheeling you expect might help. But you will definately enjoy you self.

Get in touch when you get ready to come out. I am sure we can even find someone to run with you. Again, let me know what types of trails you are interested in. If you go to

http://www.4x4getaways.com

you will find a listing of a ton of trails on

http://www.4x4trails.net

jrsxj98 said:
What area are you planning to be in? What is your rig set up for? There are numerous trails with easy to extreme difficulty. A little more info about what kind of wheeling you expect might help. But you will definately enjoy you self.

Yeah, what he said! :laugh3:

Dunno if you're aware of it, but Avalanche Ranch is a "pay to 'wheel" offroad park. You'll want to look 'em up on the web and see if that's the kind of thing you're looking for.

Also check out www.traildamage.com for Colorado trail ratings, directions, and pics.

And let's not forget the books by Charles Wells:
Colorado Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails Vol 1+2.

Colorado is a big state, those books organize the trails by areas which should help.

Fred

in the town centenial near aroura

i have a 1990 jeep cherokee with full width HP dana 44 (front)and a ford 9in.(rear) should have 5:13 gears in by then, also it has 8in. coils with a custom made longarm setup and i made all the stuff for it myself. welded rear and its gonna have a lockright up front. right now it sets on 36x12.5x15 TSL's and gettin 36 in. SX's within a month or some 37in. Krawlers not sure yet. has 4.0 straight 6, AX-15 (soon to have AW4) and a np231 but may be gettin a atlas.

at the end of winter it will be chopped and caged.
Thanx for the info fellas.

Paul

Last edited:
depending on your schedule, you may wanna keep an eye out for details of the (annual*) COLORADO XJ FEST...

*at least from the minutes of the last chapter meeting looks like this event will run again!

Back