• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RTI ramp in LA?

Nimrod

Degenerate Jeeper
NAXJA Member
Does anyone know a place where a fellow can flex his Jeep on a ramp in or around the LA area? A long shot, I know.

Have you tried 4wheel parts? I know they do their parking lot days every so often so if you went in and acted interested in upping your lift perhaps they would let you use theirs to get a visual. This too is a bit of a long shot but at any rate you can ask when their next event is, they always have one out for those. Or you could come wheeling with me in big bear ;)

That's a thought. Actually though, I'd like to use a ramp to get a good look at the tire clearance inside the fenders before I take it wheeling, which I hope will be the Calico night run on June 8. I suspect that I've set my bump stops too conservatively, i.e., good for my tires, but bad for articulation. I want to be sure I get maximum flex while still avoiding tire damage.

Once the bump stops are adjusted to my satisfaction I'd be glad to wheel Big Bear with you some time.

There's a 4x4 club in San Bernardino that, from what I read on line, has a ramp that it hauls to its monthly meetings the second Tuesday of every month. I'd drive all the way out there and ask to use it, but their next meeting'll be June 11, which doesnt help me before the June 8 run.

Last edited:
You might ask Leadfoot where they borrowed the one for their parking lot shindig a couple of years ago.

Another option is to go to an industrial complex that has loading docks in the back. You might get lucky and find one that has a cement ramp leading up to a loading dock that you can flex out on.

I found a Vons near me that has some cement structure near it's loading dock that I used to check my bump stops. While I was leaning under the Jeep checking things out, a security guard came running up asking if everything was okay and if I needed any help. The way the Jeep was flexed out he thought I crashed onto the cement block and was stuck! :)

Got "caught" doing that once by upland police...they stood and watched for 10 minutes while I measured for bumps on both sides...I guess they were bored that day?

Good suggestions. I've got a spot in mind where I should be able to do that. I's not an ideal setup, but it'll work.

Got "caught" doing that once by upland police...they stood and watched for 10 minutes..

LOL...WTF is that idiot doing?
:roflmao:

Good suggestions. I've got a spot in mind where I should be able to do that. I's not an ideal setup, but it'll work.

I know of a spot in South Gate that has a cement loading ramp that is out of the way and accessible. The only issue is that it's right off of a main street and in plain view of the public.

Is the South Gate ramp accessible from both sides, right and left? The place I'm thinking of near me (in Burbank) would only work for checking the passenger side.

Let me know if/when you decide to go. It's a few mins from my place and after this last Calico trip i need to make adjustments bad.

Thanks very much! That spot looks really good, at least for checking the driver's side front and passenger's side rear. (It looks like that post pretty well prevents use of the left side of the ramp.) I'll just assume that driver's and passenger's sides are the same, or pretty close.

Let me know if/when you decide to go. It's a few mins from my place and after this last Calico trip i need to make adjustments bad.

I absolutely will! It won't be this week though, because I'm heading out of town. How would Saturday, June 2 work for you?

It looks as if you can go around the post and climb up the side a bit on the passenger side but i'll swing by one of these days to take a closer look. June 2nd should be fine.

Forklifts usually work pretty good if you know a buddy with one.

I know of a spot in South Gate that has a cement loading ramp that is out of the way and accessible. The only issue is that it's right off of a main street and in plain view of the public.

That worked out well!

7bf44f0f8f4e5f5b16710f23d26001ba.jpg

c3db6826b2a123ec1d83e1d5d516fe88.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back