• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rimrocker feeler

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
Seeing if I can gain any interest in a two day rimrocker run from montrose to Moab. It looks like a killer run to make with some very mild rigs. Toss in some camping and great views, should make for a fun trip. Just seeing if there is any interest for that this summer.

http://rimrockertrail.org/

Last edited by a moderator:
Led and I were kicking around the idea of doing this - Nothing set in stone but loosely discussing it since COFest doesn't seem very likely to happen this year. Spend 2 days running the trail, spend a few more days in Moab then head home.

I'm considering it, a friend at work just picked up a JKUR and was wanting to do it too. What kind of timeline are you thinking?

Led and I were kicking around the idea of doing this - Nothing set in stone but loosely discussing it since COFest doesn't seem very likely to happen this year. Spend 2 days running the trail, spend a few more days in Moab then head home.

Let do it. Y’all can base out of my place. The trail head is roughly a mile away. We could also bang out some local trails too to keep the new stuff going.

I’d like to do it toward the end of summer. Late July or into August/September. I already know what my days off are through the year so easy to plan on my side.

I have drill July 10-15 and Aug 17-19, so between that I should theoretically be available.

And who says this couldn’t be COFest? Nothing is planned yet for it, so why not do a Grand Junction to Moab adventure for COFest, makes sense with us absorbing Utah into our “territory” after all.

Plenty in montrose itself. Junction just opened new trails in their area. And ouray is half hour away.

I’ve only wheeled 21 Road and Billings Canyon in GJ, both are too hard for this crowd.

I’ve never wheeled Montrose or Ouray.

And who says this couldn’t be COFest? Nothing is planned yet for it, so why not do a Grand Junction to Moab adventure for COFest, makes sense with us absorbing Utah into our “territory” after all.

I agree with this but not a week long, I suggest a long weekend Friday-Monday.

Hard to fit Montrose and Moab in 4 days unless you’re not counting Thursday and Tuesday as travel days. I could see starting in Montrose on Friday and working our way to Moab over the weekend with it wrapping up on Monday. I'd definitely be down.

Justin, going to have the little Jeep ready in time?

Last edited:
Yeah that’s a lot of wheeling and driving in a few days.
But you need to sort something out. The year you bail on cofest is the year this place dies. 100%.
If you do it the week of july24, I have no issues ‘guiding’ a couple runs in ouray (black bear/Imogene, Poughkeepsie) then a run on rimrocker, and a day or two in Moab.
Let people sort out their own camping and whatnot. Do the raffle in Moab montrose.
:dunno:

What’s interest in montrose trails. New to pretty much everyone. I can scout em and see what’s needed. Be a fresh experience for just about everyone.

I know I would be very interested. I’m ok with milder trails too because it’ll all be new, plus it’ll be with the family and for multiple days so I don’t want to be getting too beat up.

I also like the t-shirt idea.

I'd do the July dates, school usually starts mid-August, and I haven't decided to retire yet. :)

Back