• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 co chili pepper red stolen

Found my gps hooks for project bait car . I also am setting up my crawler with a GPS tracker for cheap insurance I get rid of it when I'm ready not before . The bait car is going to be a fun experiment I'm reasonably sure I will eventually catch a person and net them a felony it may take a year but it will be sweet to know I did that to a low life .

It's also sort of like a "herd immunity" get enough cars with a tracker, and you take too much risk to steal it.

Of course, it will only make the smart ones smarter........

just get one of these installed:

http://www.ravelco.com/

I have one in my Jeep and my truck. Its $500 installed. Yes yes, it is essentially just a keyed kill switch, but its a very good one. Would probably take me 4-6 hours and a multimeter to defeat it. I don't think a thief will spend the time.

just get one of these installed:

http://www.ravelco.com/

I have one in my Jeep and my truck. Its $500 installed. Yes yes, it is essentially just a keyed kill switch, but its a very good one. Would probably take me 4-6 hours and a multimeter to defeat it. I don't think a thief will spend the time.

My thieves were not even crafty enough to get it started without the usual busted ignition switch...lol...I have about 6 easy ways to make the xj a no start especially when combined will take a thief forever to diagnose and that's in addition to the wheel being disc locked and brake pedal booted... lol...they only have so much time .

George, check your PM's.

I did the only pm recently received was yours from Monday I replied back to that . They kept confusing the last change of hands on the title and asking who I was but the Jeep was released to me there are no fees for storage or the tow to impound since it's a stolen theft recovery in Denver and Denver has no fee for stolen vehicles . As stated the vehicle was picked up Yesterday if they were owed fees they would ask for folding Green before releasing the vehicle . I had a Jeep "borrowed" by my brother he wrecked it they towed and impounded it the fees were about $500 by the time they released it and they would have waved the fees had it been stolen ...they also would not release it until the fees were paid at the counter you will not get a vehicle out of Denver impound if you owe fees .

I did the only pm recently received was yours from Monday I replied back to that . They kept confusing the last change of hands on the title and asking who I was but the Jeep was released to me there are no fees for storage or the tow to impound since it's a stolen theft recovery in Denver and Denver has no fee for stolen vehicles . As stated the vehicle was picked up Yesterday if they were owed fees they would ask for folding Green before releasing the vehicle . I had a Jeep "borrowed" by my brother he wrecked it they towed and impounded it the fees were about $500 by the time they released it and they would have waved the fees had it been stolen ...they also would not release it until the fees were paid at the counter you will not get a vehicle out of Denver impound if you owe fees .

Good deal, never saw a PM back. Just wanted to make sure you were squared away. :yelclap:

Back